Sons' sorrow

Training with us at the moment but kinda hope he does sign for Dumbarton as I don't rate him.

A striker who can score goals? We're sitting with Nade and Stewart who will probably struggle to get 10 goals between them..

I'd take any striker who has proven they can score goals, and he has..

I'd take Campbell. I know Morton fans maybe don't rate him but that doesn't bother me. Has pace and could be a great partner for Nish.

I still wouldn't regard Archie Campbell signing as "things getting very interesting" though, so I imagine the fish counter woman is talking about something else.

5 goals last season...

13 the year before in 26 appearances, a goal every second game. Considering the mess Morton were in last year and the amount of players they went through 5 goals probably isn't such a bad return. Looks to me like if you give him service he'll score goals.

13 the year before in 26 appearances, a goal every second game. Considering the mess Morton were in last year and the amount of players they went through 5 goals probably isn't such a bad return. Looks to me like if you give him service he'll score goals.

That's exactly my thoughts!

i seem to recall Morton fans thinking he couldn't play in that lone striker position, which was the formation they were then favouring. Think Campbell did most of his good work playing in a 4-4-2 off of Wetherston for them, and as you say, with the mess they were in last year?

Campbell has pace to burn, wouldn't mind him at the Rovers.

5 goals last season...

Which was probably their second highest goal scorer! You saw how much of a disgrace Morton were last season, nobody can score goals if they'res nobody creating the chances for them. If we can get Campbell, get Anderson re-signed and Conroy, I'd be happy to start next season with the squad and be quite confident of finishing 6th at the lowest.

If your not happy with Campbell, then who would you rather sign that can score goals?

Which was probably their second highest goal scorer! You saw how much of a disgrace Morton were last season, nobody can score goals if they'res nobody creating the chances for them. If we can get Campbell, get Anderson re-signed and Conroy, I'd be happy to start next season with the squad and be quite confident of finishing 6th at the lowest.

If your not happy with Campbell, then who would you rather sign that can score goals?

Can we take this to our own thread, guys?

Was Campbell not injured for a lot of last season? I seem to recall Allan Moore bringing him back slowly as to not aggravate it

Yip he was definitely injured for a decent part of season. Perhaps a Ton fan can confirm? He'll no be coming to us anyway so probably doesn't matter much.

Any truth in a rumour I heared that jack ross has been offered job of head of youth development at hearts person who told me said it was confirmed but hes an old guy at my till in work dont really belive him

Looks like the old guy at your work was right. Levein just confirmed on twitter that he's joined the coaching staff. Never mentioned if it was as head of youth development but as the position is still vacant it's a strong possibility.

Gutted he's away.

I reckon he played a bigger part in our recent success than we give him credit for. The players seemed to love him and he was the perfect bridge between gaffer and player. Murray's best managerial decision so far was keeping him on.

Can we assume this new first team coach will be the new assistant manager?

Yip he was definitely injured for a decent part of season. Perhaps a Ton fan can confirm? He'll no be coming to us anyway so probably doesn't matter much.

He's missed large parts of the last 2 seasons because of injuries. If played with a target man up top he will score goals, he's not capable of playing up top on his own. He's quick, strong for someone his size and can finish well if given the chance.

Good luck to Jack. He's liked by the players and as BBPF says he seems to be a good bridge between players and manager. He's been part of a successful time here and he no doubt gets credit for that but I don't see this as the massive issue some might.

Good assistants are fairly easy to come by, Murray will get someone he knows and trusts and I'm sure the players, whilst maybe a bit disappointed not to have Jack around, will take to whoever comes in.

I ll return to my previous post and ask again; are we to have a manager, an assistant, a first team coach, sports scientist/fitness coach, physio and two kit men? really?

For me this mark spalding fellow will be the assistant. Could be fine, could be quite a gamble...