Sons' sorrow

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Is there commentary on tonights friendly @Jan Vojáček?

There is. Well, of sorts. Chris is at work, so it'll be myself and Paddy Boyle talking about 2009 whilst a football match is played out in the background.

I'm hoping he'll just spend 90 minutes telling me stories about Chizzy and I can sit quietly and listen.

27 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

There is. Well, of sorts. Chris is at work, so it'll be myself and Paddy Boyle talking about 2009 whilst a football match is played out in the background.

I'm hoping he'll just spend 90 minutes telling me stories about Chizzy and I can sit quietly and listen.

Well worth the fiver then! 

It's working fine on my phone now that I've tried but on my laptop it's just buffering despite Internet etc working fine.

If it comes to it I'll just watch it on my phone but was working fine on the laptop when I purchased the stream.

Judging by all of our friendlies so far Geggan has been signed to play centre mid which has me slightly concerned with our starting options at full back. None of the trialists so far have struck me as first choicers in those positions and I’m still not convinced with Boyle. A couple of full backs and a striker most definitely required before the real stuff starts.

Hello, what's happening when you try to load it?

Working ok down at the stadium just now.
16249905622997725437171398225613.thumb.jpg.4c5c26ee5c68b08cd13a78497e8e989b.jpg
When I'm watching in 1080p the "Start Clipping" doesn't disappear and scroll bar with pause and volume controls don't fade out.

Tried on 2 different browsers on laptop.

When I switch to 720p it all works as it should. Strange one.

5 minutes ago, super-son said:

When I'm watching in 1080p the "Start Clipping" doesn't disappear and scroll bar with pause and volume controls don't fade out.

That happened to me first time.  I came out the stream and refreshed the page and it went away.

I'll raise it with Pixellot tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, super-son said:

That happened to me first time.  I came out the stream and refreshed the page and it went away.

I'll raise it with Pixellot tomorrow.

Decent enough first half. Orsi has played well and I'm liking this Joe McKee bursting beyond the strikers tactic. McLean and Duthie look to have threat out wide too, without creating too much. Look fairly solid defensively but like BBPF I worry about our attacking threat a bit at full back, Lynch doesn't look a natural full back to me and has been hesitant to throw balls in at times. Wilson looks like a player playing on his wrong side whilst doing a solid enough job. Hopefully see what some of the other trialists can offer in the second half. 

On 26/06/2021 at 20:07, The Moonster said:

Big Faal was on loan at Barnet from Bolton last year. 

Think hes now on trial with Ayr too, for what little interest that is.

Couldn't deal with pixelot cameras every week and the match was expectedly awful but really enjoyed the commentary [emoji106] main commentator clearly tries to do his homework on the opposition which isn't easy to do at our level and thought it was an interesting dynamic having a current player on Co comms who can give insight in to the Dumbarton squad etc. Wasn't afraid to criticise either and him rolling Robbie Muirhead through the mud was a particular highlight for me.

19 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Couldn't deal with pixelot cameras every week and the match was expectedly awful but really enjoyed the commentary emoji106.png main commentator clearly tries to do his homework on the opposition which isn't easy to do at our level and thought it was an interesting dynamic having a current player on Co comms who can give insight in to the Dumbarton squad etc. Wasn't afraid to criticise either and him rolling Robbie Muirhead through the mud was a particular highlight for me.

One game in and the real Robbie Muirhead has returned then eh? I'm sure we're all shocked.

I wasn’t at the stadium this evening but it was good to see us in live action for the first time in a while. It was hard to judge us given how many trialists were on show but I thought Duthie, Geggan, Orsi and Buchanan had decent games and it was nice to McKee back in a Sons shirt. 

Jan and Paddy were like Ant and Dec/Kane and Nish/Ike and Tina/Flannery and Brown. What a duo. I think yer man Chris might struggle to get back into the hotseat after that. 

It's just nice to watch a team that tries to play football again, and having some players in attack who can cause problems. I thought the front 3 of Orsi, McLean and Duthie worked well, all look like they'll be a threat in this division and when you add Hopkirk who has apparently impressed with pace and involvement in goals then we're looking decent. Still need another option up top and I worry about left back with Boyle injured and not getting any younger but everyone looks to know the way we should play. Some good insight from Boyle on that tonight too, saying Faz wants the front 3 or 4 players to interchange and we saw a bit of that working tonight. On to hopefully give the Bankies a doing on Saturday.