Sons' sorrow

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I think our number 17 trialist was Kristoffer Syvertsen.

Screenshot_20210704-084948_Chrome.jpg

Dqc2tGVX0Ac4ddQ.jpg

Heartbreaking stuff 💔

If it is him - and I tend to agree off that picture - then he’s a player I always really liked and thought had great potential, he’s just made of tissue paper.

I know you lads have a rough time of it with owners and that, but it's genuinely a bit hilarious your new Scandinavian lad claims to have a great list of contacts, suggesting you'll be signing wunderkids from that continent, and the first Scandinavian in is joining from Clyde 😂

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I know you lads have a rough time of it with owners and that, but it's genuinely a bit hilarious your new Scandinavian lad claims to have a great list of contacts, suggesting you'll be signing wunderkids from that continent, and the first Scandinavian in is joining from Clyde 😂

These owners have absolutely no input on the manager hunt or our current squad build, that much is obvious. I don't think they have any contacts at all. They're just Brabco in a different dress.

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

These owners have absolutely no input on the manager hunt or our current squad build, that much is obvious. I don't think they have any contacts at all. They're just Brabco in a different dress.

Yeah I've no real insight into that tbh, I just nip into this thread every so often and see tidbits.

Aye that looks like Syvertsen to me. Where abouts did he play? Was pretty versatile with us, playing on either wing or as the central striker at times (mainly when Goodwillie was absent).

2 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Aye that looks like Syvertsen to me. Where abouts did he play? Was pretty versatile with us, playing on either wing or as the central striker at times (mainly when Goodwillie was absent).

Came on as central striker for Orsi.

16 hours ago, Sons Fan said:

Agreed no panic needed. I assume we are waiting on either someone not getting a FT deal so dropping down or a loan from a bigger team.

it’s great to see we seem to have a solid spine in Ramsbottom, McGeaver, Buchanan, McKee, geggan and carswell

Dumbarton seem to have put a pretty solid squad together so far for this level.

On 03/07/2021 at 00:38, Zoelisaharra said:

Hugh Harra 

Hi All, 

so glad to have come across this forum. My grandfather, Hugh Harra sadly passed away a few years ago which a lot of you will know. He followed the club until the end and it was a very special time in his life.  It would be great if any of you have memories or pictures to share.  Many thanks, Zoelisa Harra

Hi Zoe. Your granddad is in this one from 1964.

sons64.jpg

Hugh Harra 

Hi All, 

so glad to have come across this forum. My grandfather, Hugh Harra sadly passed away a few years ago which a lot of you will know. He followed the club until the end and it was a very special time in his life.  It would be great if any of you have memories or pictures to share.  Many thanks, Zoelisa Harra

Hugh is also in this one from 1967

67.jpg

12 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Syvertsen is frighteningly talented, but it was always one step forward and then two back with him being made of glass. Brilliant to watch, but a complete liability in terms of fitness unfortunately.

Is it a recurring injury or does he just pick up lots of different knocks? 

Is it a recurring injury or does he just pick up lots of different knocks? 
When he first arrived he simply wasn't up to speed at all and was blowing out his arse after any kind of exertion. When he eventually reached a good level of fitness, he then picked up a recurring neck injury at the turn of the year and missed large chunks until he recovered and played a big part in the play-offs of our promotion season. He was still a wee bit slight in build so was almost exclusively played out wide, but over the next pre-season he clearly bulked up and impressed in the first few games of pre-season as a striker. He then picked up a bad knee injury in the League Cup against QP (I believe) which completely ended his 19/20 season. Last year, he looked one of our brighter players again after returning to fitness but picked up another injury up at Cove in December (not totally sure, but I think it was another knee one - no idea if it was the same knee) and wasn't seen again.

He was very much liked and rated at Clyde, but I think we just couldn't afford to take the gamble on him again when he missed far more games than he played for us. If Dumbarton do sign him then you'll be getting a big, handsome, ambipedal maverick who is a cult hero in every sense of the term. I just hope for his sake he can stay fit.

Hugh Harra 

Hi All, 

Small word but I believe he was my grans cousin.

36 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

A grimly odd pic from Boghead which I'm sure Bankies fans won't look back on with much affection; I think it was a 'home' match with ICT:-

GL583668.thumb.jpg.158e40708fc13cd82330de04325736ea.jpg

That was when Ian McColl demanded that we weren’t allowed near the dugouts which as you know were in front of the stand and had an enclosure behind them.

Horrible days ☹️