Sons' sorrow

8 hours ago, FifeSons said:

1 right, 1 wrong there Mr Boggs!

WC Boggs giving me false information I see.

Nah in all honesty I came on here to check on that big dumpling rusty,who I did warn you about!(Not you personally Fife)

To be honest you might have what it takes to get through the Play offs and step up to League 1.Clyde are pretty poor especially after they don't have DGW to bail them out and Jordan Alan now at Falkirk he was having a decent season at the start of the year so I could see you boys beating them if you were to play them.

All the best for the rest of the season

Just read this in an article about Leeds United under Javi Gracia and Faz came to mind for some reason.

Gracia has gone for process anyway because there is hardly a coach worth their salt who likes working off the cuff or winging it; hardly a coach who sleeps soundly if good results feel superficial.

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

Sad how far we are from the team that absolutely destroyed Clyde in the cup. We were superb that day.

Reveal hidden contents

Though, of course, nowhere near the samba-football Clyde promotion side of 2018/19.

One game at a time mate, that's all there is for any of us. What you were doing before you can do again when you get your bloody players back.  6 points and you're in the playoffs.  3 on Saturday would be a good start.  You can worry about us when you've got past that one.

8 hours ago, FifeSons said:

I’m at Dulwich Hamlet today and the standard is so far below L2. We would comfortably beat these sides, even on current form.

Well Ben Dempsey and Dipo Akinyemi hardly pulled up trees there but are regular starters at Championship Ayr

53 minutes ago, addicksion said:

Well Ben Dempsey and Dipo Akinyemi hardly pulled up trees there but are regular starters at Championship Ayr

I think this is a particularly bad Dulwich side. Besides, we've seen plenty of players underwhelm in a Sons strip and go on to bigger things.

Does anyone know what the points swing has been since the Stirling game was postponed a couple of months ago? I was quite looking forward to heading along to it both times it was postponed, and while things could change in the second half today, for Stirling to now be 11 point ahead going into it is remarkable. 

Just now, Mr November said:

Does anyone know what the points swing has been since the Stirling game was postponed a couple of months ago? I was quite looking forward to heading along to it both times it was postponed, and while things could change in the second half today, for Stirling to now be 11 point ahead going into it is remarkable. 

Depends which time it was postponed, you mean. If it was the really late call off (attempt 2) I want to say we were 4 ahead, but with them having a game in hand.

5 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Sound the @microdave horn.

I’ll need to crunch the permutations, but I think it’s almost arithmetically impossible for us to finish outside the top 4.

*crunching*

Assume we lose all 5. As bad as we are, it’s very unlikely we don’t even take 1 point.

Annan would need 7 from 4 games (Albion Rovers, Bonnyrigg, Stirling, Stenny).

Then two from three of:

Forfar would need 9/10 from 4 (Elgin, Bonnyrigg, Stirling, East Fife)

East Fife would need 10/11 from 4 games (Stranraer, Us, AlbIon Rovers, Forfar)

Stenny would need 11/12 from 5 (Elgin, Stirling, Albion Rovers, Stranraer, Annan)

I’d give us a 99.5% chance of us being in the playoffs.

Edited by FifeSons

Someone needs to ask, what the Fk is going on within the players and management with regards to the defence, scoring has always been an issue and  I know we aren't exactly a free flowing, scoring team but to have the best defensive record in the league to this is some turnaround. 

4 minutes ago, TamCarson said:

Someone needs to ask, what the Fk is going on within the players and management with regards to the defence, scoring has always been an issue and  I know we aren't exactly a free flowing, scoring team but to have the best defensive record in the league to this is some turnaround. 

Yeah we've conceded 37 goals all season, yet 13 have been in the last 5 games.