Sons' sorrow

37 minutes ago, Helensburgh_Accent said:

as it stands we are still in prime spot for play offs and six points clear of rivals. the manager and players are up for the fight shame the so called fans on here arent. the destructive negativity doesnt help anybody!! stick to supporting the team instead of your worthless criticism and thinking you know best. if u call yourself a true sons fan then put your money where your mouth is. 

Four semi-literate posts in almost ten years on this site tells us just how committed you are to DFC.  And where loyalty is concerned, it's absolutely fine except when it becomes blind loyalty - that's dangerous.  Face facts pal.

14 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Put my money where my mouth is to be a true fan? I'm a season ticket holder, Sons Trust member, club corporate sponsor, the club's nominated builder, had my wedding at the stadium and have spent two decades throwing money at DFC. There's MY money. Now shut YOUR mouth, p***k.

Good post. 

His comments about putting money where the mouth is doesn't make sense.  I have had a season ticket for almost 40 years but don't make more than 7/8 home games a year.  I would imagine most people on here support the club with season tickets.

53 minutes ago, Helensburgh_Accent said:

If u call yourself a true sons fan then put your money where your mouth is. 

Does that mean going to watch ex-players for a wave instead of Dumbarton?

As if the rantings of a couple of dozen punters on here makes one iota of difference to the performance of the players, the ability of the manager or the intentions of the shareholders.

1 hour ago, Helensburgh_Accent said:

as it stands we are still in prime spot for play offs and six points clear of rivals. the manager and players are up for the fight shame the so called fans on here arent. the destructive negativity doesnt help anybody!! stick to supporting the team instead of your worthless criticism and thinking you know best. if u call yourself a true sons fan then put your money where your mouth is. 

One of the most moronic posts I’ve ever read on here.

Surely the prime spot for the playoffs would be 1st or 2nd and not 4th?

Why on earth do you consider our rivals to be 5th place and not Stenhousemuir, Peterhead or Spartans at the top end of the table?

Ironically, it’s the happy clapping fans like yourself that are the bigger danger to this club than the fans that you are calling negative and destructive.

1 hour ago, Sweet Pete said:

Put my money where my mouth is to be a true fan? I'm a season ticket holder, Sons Trust member, club corporate sponsor, the club's nominated builder, had my wedding at the stadium and have spent two decades throwing money at DFC. There's MY money. Now shut YOUR mouth, p***k.

congratulations bud you should get a trophy made

7 minutes ago, Helensburgh_Accent said:

So someone makes a solid point replying to your original comments and thats all you can think of to reply with? Just shows you know absolutely nothing and that your either really ignorant to whats going on or a baseless troll.

1 hour ago, Clyde_MM said:

My sincere sympathies to any Dumbarton fan that saw this thread had gone hot last night and, like myself, thought Farrell was away.

Don't worry, we know better than to expect that.

52 minutes ago, Helensburgh_Accent said:

Be one trophy more than Stevie Farrell will ever win.

Edited by FifeSons

There's been a couple of posts through the last few pages that would appear to frame the allegations from Saturday as fact. Most unwise I would suggest, unless you're prepared to substantiate it later. In that regard it's quite different from the issue at the Clyde match.

I say again, please make this season be over.

13 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Until such times as the police deal with the matter then folk shouldn't be posting or  quoting things that make a bad situation worse. There will be plenty of time to do that when the police do their thing, the club does it's investigation and there's actually something to talk about.

To be fair, it is a big talking point. It’s in the national press and the club are making statements about it, it’s only natural that it will dominate the chat on here. Certain details should be avoided as it’s a police matter but I wouldn’t be expecting people to remain silent about it until it’s all done and dusted.

19 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

To be fair, it is a big talking point. It’s in the national press and the club are making statements about it, it’s only natural that it will dominate the chat on here. 

It likely wont be long until the more moronic Celtic fans appear, on here and on social media, slating your club.

Some fairly large fan accounts on Twitter are now spreading the rumour of what was said and to who, that i guess is the same one everyone is seeing.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It likely wont be long until the more moronic Celtic fans appear, on here and on social media, slating your club.

Some fairly large fan accounts on Twitter are now spreading the rumour of what was said and to who, that i guess is the same one everyone is seeing.

Yep, it’s all over the cesspit that is Twitter already, naming all (alleged) parties involved.

Edited by FifeSons

9 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Yep, it’s all over the cesspit that is Twitter already, naming all (alleged) parties involved.

Suspect that, even if its false, its now so widespread that its going to stick to those involved and your club for a while now.