Sons' sorrow

Plus, Dumbarton terrace says 3 signed up, be very unprofessional if not true, especially after the club statement

The only thing that's giving me (possibly false) hope is that Aggy favorited a few tweets saying "pleased you've re-signed" etc from me, Andy and a few others. Surely he wouldn't do that if he hadn't? Unless, as mentioned earlier, he has a no Murray get out clause.

*Distant sound of straws being clutched*

The only thing that's giving me (possibly false) hope is that Aggy favorited a few tweets saying "pleased you've re-signed" etc from me, Andy and a few others. Surely he wouldn't do that if he hadn't? Unless, as mentioned earlier, he has a no Murray get out clause.

*Distant sound of straws being clutched*

The website says they have 'agreed terms' it doesn't say they have re-signed http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=1867

If he wants to go then sad as it is seeya.

At this time I want players with a hunger for Dumbarton. I have always seen Scott as a player who has that hunger. Hope this is sorted quickly.

I lack the knowledge of the link between East Fife director and Dumbarton. I will support whoever gets the job and if it's Gary Naysmith the so be it.

Mon the Sons!!!!

Stephen Thomson player manager

That sounds like a decent shout. A manager who knows how to score!

Or were you talking about Stephen Thomson the Dundee Utd Chairman?

I'll just get my coat............

Plus, Dumbarton terrace says 3 signed up, be very unprofessional if not true, especially after the club statement

Said they were committed for next season - not technically the same thing. As Wilf says, the club website says they have agreed terms, but not necessarily signed.

At best two weeks to get thro the process I'd guess. Closing date of either wednesday or the 28th, sift thurs/fri, interview tues/wed at the earliest. New man (or wumin!) in place for next friday.

Thats assuming the process is done as quickly as possible.

Inviting applicants at least suggests a structured process and that we're not going to jump at the first unattached candidate. Makes our position a bit stronger too if we end up dealing with a manager wanting away from his current club.

How did Murray get an interview last time? was it his agent applied as he was out the country?

For info, google has scott severin having done offshore training so he's probably not going to be a candidate.

Please take Naysmith off our hands. Got us relegated after having a 10 point advantage over Airdrie last season and 4th place with the squad we had this season is very poor.

His tactics are far too negative, and many games he's more worried about the oppositions strengths than playing to ours.

He's clearly applying for jobs though, which will alienate him from the EF support even more so definitely best for us if he does get it.

Edited by Dave.

Please take Naysmith off our hands. Got us relegated after having a 10 point advantage over Airdrie last season and 4th place with the squad we had this season is very poor.

His tactics are far too negative, and many games he's more worried about the oppositions strengths than playing to ours.

He's clearly applying for jobs though, which will alienate him from the EF support even more so definitely best for us if he does get it.

Sounds like he'd be an excellent choice... :unsure2:

Here's hoping the bookies are wrong

Sons fans expectations seem to be that a top class manager is waiting in the wings to take up the position. I really don't think that's going to be the case at all. A bit of realism is required.

Top class managers are at top class teams. I wouldn't say anyone from this list from the bookies is out of our reach and I reckon all are realistic.

Top class managers are at top class teams. I wouldn't say anyone from this list from the bookies is out of our reach and I reckon all are realistic.

They all have to apply first and want the job. From what I can see the new season will be a tough challenge for any of the guys mentioned on here given that Murray seems to have left the Sons with no players and in probably a worse state than when he took over in that respect.