Sons' sorrow

I think we all need to take a reality check right now.

As of last Friday, Dumbarton FC has no Manager, Assistant Manager, physio, backroom and above all playing staff so the Board really has it's work cut out in the days ahead. And I mean days, as with pre-season training scheduled to re-start on 20th June, we can't afford weeks to deliberate over an appointment.

I'm sure however they are already on the case but whoever gets the gig has a bloody hard act to mould a team in short order to compete and hopefully survive in a tough division. In that regard speculation at this stage about us finishing above Alloa, Morton, etc., is complete pish when we don't currently have a signed player to our name.

I'd expect an announcement towards the end of this week and all we can do is ignore rumour and bookmakers, support the club by continuing to buy season tickets and get right behind the new people from the off.

I think we all need to take a reality check right now.

As of last Friday, Dumbarton FC has no Manager, Assistant Manager, physio, backroom and above all playing staff so the Board really has it's work cut out in the days ahead. And I mean days, as with pre-season training scheduled to re-start on 20th June, we can't afford weeks to deliberate over an appointment.

I'm sure however they are already on the case but whoever gets the gig has a bloody hard act to mould a team in short order to compete and hopefully survive in a tough division. In that regard speculation at this stage about us finishing above Alloa, Morton, etc., is complete pish when we don't currently have a signed player to our name.

I'd expect an announcement towards the end of this week and all we can do is ignore rumour and bookmakers, support the club by continuing to buy season tickets and get right behind the new people from the off.

This.

I'd also have to disagree with the 'Murray has left us in a better position than when he took over' theory. In terms of club stature probably yes but in terms of playing squad? Absolutely not.

I just hope we get this appointment right and our lack of players is seen as some sort of clean slate rather than being off-putting.

I'm sure Ewings, Graham, Agnew and Fleming have all agreed new terms, a very good backbone to the squad and more will surely follow, DVZ has a option to a second season, half a dozen long term players like Gilhaney, several ex youth players too..

the process is in place, its only May, dont panic... yet!!

hopefully there just one pricing structure next season and no cat A and cat B crap,

Doubt the price will drop to a realistic level for walk up matches. (the price of fame in the championship)

I'm sure Ewings, Graham, Agnew and Fleming have all agreed new terms, a very good backbone to the squad and more will surely follow, DVZ has a option to a second season, half a dozen long term players like Gilhaney, several ex youth players too..

the process is in place, its only May, dont panic... yet!!

hopefully there just one pricing structure next season and no cat A and cat B crap,

Doubt the price will drop to a realistic level for walk up matches. (the price of fame in the championship)

I couldn't agree more. It's amazed me reading some of the comments posted over the last week. Such doom and gloom.

The new manager has pretty much a clean slate to work with. So no excuses of they aren't my guys.

Wouldn't say it was doom and gloom. There are many teams who have already got a vast squad already signed up.

Yes we have a bit of time to get everything organised but not a lot of time. Things move along very quickly and I would hate for us to end up rushing signatures of players for the sake of making a squad.

Who ever comes in and I hope it's by latest middle of next week will have to operate quickly on targets they want.

If not then I would hope Spalding would be given a role of sorting certain deals?

Wouldn't say it was doom and gloom. There are many teams who have already got a vast squad already signed up.

Yes we have a bit of time to get everything organised but not a lot of time. Things move along very quickly and I would hate for us to end up rushing signatures of players for the sake of making a squad.

Who ever comes in and I hope it's by latest middle of next week will have to operate quickly on targets they want.

If not then I would hope Spalding would be given a role of sorting certain deals?

I hear that Spalding is no longer at the club.

Another club losing a manager in pre season, squad in pieces, plan oot the windae transfer targets disturbed and perhaps not many good managerial prospects available.

If we go calling for another teams mgr, do you think they'll let him go easily?

Not seen anything yet about the Muzz compo being agreed, never mind paid.

Another club losing a manager in pre season, squad in pieces, plan oot the windae transfer targets disturbed and perhaps not many good managerial prospects available.

If we go calling for another teams mgr, do you think they'll let him go easily?

Not seen anything yet about the Muzz compo being agreed, never mind paid.

Most managers will now have a clause, similar to Murray's. Certain amount of compo means they are offski.

Absolutely no reason why we can't match the compo demands for the likes of Aitken and Bollan.

Who would you all want from the magic list on mcbookie.

Derek Adams would be decent. Would like to avoid murray and mcglynn after constantly reading about their styles. Naysmith also not rated by East Fife.

I have a very strong opinion on Derek Adams and his old man, and it's not a positive one. Put it this way, there's a reason player turnover during his time at County was so high...

I have a very strong opinion on Derek Adams and his old man, and it's not a positive one. Put it this way, there's a reason player turnover during his time at County was so high...

Didn't realise that, just mind him going unbeaten for ages and beating celtic in the process.