NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

39 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Bills trading Diggs to the Texans. Absolutely did not see that coming even if he was unhappy, will be eating a huge bunch of dead cap.

$31 million in dead cap space being eaten by the Bills. Apparently a record for a non QB.

44 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Bills trading Diggs to the Texans. Absolutely did not see that coming even if he was unhappy, will be eating a huge bunch of dead cap.

Bills maybe happy to make him someone elses problem and eat the dead cap.

47 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

There's a guy on Youtube I follow who said weeks ago that it made a ton of sense for Buffalo to trade Diggs ASAP. He's usually spot on with most things, but I thought that was a bit of a left-field shout. Fair play to him though.

52 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Texans must be contenders next year. Bills maybe wasting their chance to win a Super Bowl in the Allen era.

Should benefit from a horribly weak Division. Tenn is looking like a 1st overall candidate, and I think 2024 will be a bit of a wheel-spinning season for Indi bedding-in Richardson properly. I'm still not convinced Lawrence is going to take a step and actually become the elite franchise QB everyone thought. Lot of turnaround in Jax, which could mean they go either way. I think they are more of a potential threat to Houston than Indi, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are no WC teams at all in the South again.

Edited by Boo Khaki

45 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Bills eating so much cap, and only getting a second for him plus a fifth and sixth tells you everything you need to know about how they viewed him. Clearly not a good guy to have about. 

Yeah I think the only thing keeping him there was the huge cap hit, but all the other factors must have outweighed it in the end. He clearly wanted out and was a non-factor for the latter two thirds of last season, whether that was age or him not bothering his arse we'll find out next season I guess. 

Between this move and the other releases of veteran players the cap hell has been more than cleared for 2025 and likely to have minimum $50m in free agency for 2025, so wouldn't surprise me to see a trade up for a WR with a view to going big in FA in 2025 (Josh Allen will still only be 29 at end of 2025/26 season) but I can't see them having enough capital to get to a position for any of the top 3 WRs in the upcoming draft.

McDermott has shown he can get a tune out of a defence but it's asking a lot of Allen for this coming year. That said, while I acknowledge Josh and Kincaid aren't Mahomes and Kelce, the Chiefs have just gone back to back without a star WR either season.

Broncos unveiling their first uniform re-design since 1997 on April 22. Supposedly incorporates the ‘5280’ feet above sea level number, and a pattern within the fabric that mimics the outline of the Rocky Mountains. I’ll bet you a pound to a penny they also come up with a newly designed wanky typeface that even the Green Brigade wouldn’t use on their banners. We’ll end up with something that resembles a bright orange can of Coors Light, accompanied with a typeface that makes the Buccaneers old Casio calculator jersey numbers look classy.

Then we’ll get rogered by Reid, Mahomes, Kelce & Swiftie while wearing gimmicky uniforms that will be re-designed in another three years….

Or maybe they’ll do something good… like the Buccaneers did with their re-design a few years back.

Maybe.

3 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Former Buffalo Bills running back, actor and family man OJ Simpson has passed away.

You should start a thread in General Nonsense and open with that. Hilarious. Have a greenie.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, pozbaird said:

New Broncos uniforms revealed today, and I actually really like them, especially this dark blue one.

0857CA0A-5343-4829-A2BE-D80E5A48152B.jpeg

The throwback one is a belter.

20240423_044510.jpg

Edited by peasy23