NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

4 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-south-scotland-67613873

Wee bit of Scottish background to the "Brotherly Shove" if anyone is interested

In terms of banning it - I can't see how they could ban that specific play without making it an amendment of "assisting the runner" to also include propelling the runner from the side and/or behind. That would also put the kybosh on the recent advent of the "rolling maul" which seems to have appeared near the end of every other rushing play where the RB is stood up by one or more tacklers. I don't have a problem with this in theory, because I'm not overly concerned by either the effectiveness of, or safety concerns about the "Shove", but the fact the maul is obviously being coached into players does concern me. RB's have to be tough by their very nature, but I wince every time I see a guy the size of Austin Ekeler in the middle of a pack of 300llbs guys being pushed from both directions while his feet are still on the ground. It's a matter of time before that results in snapped legs, and I'd rather the league banned the pilling into the maul from the offensive side at the very least.

Heard him discussing it on a podcast recently, might have been Stramash? 

2 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

It had been at least 5 days without something idiotic or bad coming out of Buffalo

That's just Brandon Staley levels of insane 😂

Hey guys, I know things have been tough, but we need to hang together and we'll right the ship... Let me tell you this story about a bunch of guys who believed in each other, stayed true to their beliefs, and overcame massive odds to ultimately achieve their goals... No, not the 1972 Washington Redskins....

Talking of Staley - He stood in a press conference yesterday and claimed that the fact the Chargers rushed for 200 yards v's Miami is proof the running game works. At this point, I'll remind you that this is currently week 14, and the Chargers played Miami in week 1, and Staley conveniently overlooked the fact that in the intervening three months the Chargers run game has achieved the square root of jack shit...

Brandon Staley things 🤷‍♂️

I see The Athletic are doing a £1 a month subscription offer for new subscribers. 

Anyone want a look I have some guest passes you can access via the link below.

I read The Athletic to keep up with my favourite teams. Here's a guest pass so you can check it out for 30 days for free:
https://theathletic.com/guest-pass/?access_code=oxirvmyens

14 hours ago, jagfox said:

I see The Athletic are doing a £1 a month subscription offer for new subscribers. 

Anyone want a look I have some guest passes you can access via the link below.

i have the last offer £1.99 for 12 months. lots of really good articles. although the last one on Motherwell was about 2 years ago and it was about a player that left us 5 years ago.

28 minutes ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Assume Boo Khaki knows that Staley has been punted. 

Had Rappoport's twitter feed up at 6pm our time, because I was 99% convinced there would be an announcement between 10 & 11am Pacific. 

His job was completely untenable after last night, and the past few seasons have highlighted exactly why Telesco needed the bullet anaw.  1 or 2 injuries and the team falls apart. It's been the same story since 2013.

Have been recording the ‘Hard Knocks in Season’ with the Miami Dolphins show, and just got around to watching the first episode last night. Tyreek Hill’s mother was the star. She’s funny. That can’t be her real voice surely? Brilliant.

The other highlight being that in every situation, McDaniel looks and sounds like he’s on Class A substances and is high as a kite.

Looking forward to seeing the rest. 😎