NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Things you learn from watching Monday night football on ESPN rather than Sky. Luke McCown will do almost anything for money.

First of all, wouldn't you do the same? Secondly, I think it's a great advert.

Released?

Technically they call it "waived" but it's basically released. Any other club can now sign him until Tuesday. Then he can join the 49ers practice squad and try to get back into the team.

Edited by Swarley

Are the 49ers usually as shite as they've been this season?

Not quite. Last few years had the foundation of a strong defense, which was obliterated this year with the bulk of the starters leaving one way or other. Now that they can't rely on limiting the opposition's score the offense is under more pressure than before to perform and the QB has been well and truly found out. And the head coach inspires zero confidence whatsoever.

Surprised by Hayne, he made some errors but also showed a bunch of ability. I wouldn't be surprised to see him picked up. I wonder if Dallas of Houston might take a wee shot on him

I'd like us to pick him up and try him out. We need a returner of any sorts. Our special teams are horrific.