NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

It's all relative I guess. NFC east hasn't exactly been a power house division in those 4 years. I still think chip will make it somewhere.

The East might not be a powerhouse it's history shows it once was but it's the only division that tends not to be dominated by one team. Since 2011 all for teams have won the division. Funny enough though, since Redskins mortgaged their future and had a bull shit cap penalty thanks to the bitching of Giants owner Mara the Giants have won the division 0 times while the Redskins have done it twice, and the Cowboys (another team that was shat on) once.

As for Kelly, he promised a Division title if given full control. He failed. Two years in a row losing to the Skins to end all hopes of a playoff. That and allowing the named players above to go - one of them to a Div Rival and you have the making of complete failure.

Am sure this question has been asked before, but if your team moved city would you still support them?

My NFL team sure. i support the bronco's not the city of denver.

If motherwell moved, i am not sure i would, I support them because they are from motherwell

I wouldn't support Da Bears if they moved a serious distance as I would feel it was a wanky thing to do.

Only 'supported' the 49ers because they were from San Francisco. Although my level of support is purely a team that I take more interest in than the others.

If a team moved to LA I'd probably start taking more interest in them to be honest, by far my favourite American city. Hopefully the Raiders move back again, although my Auntie and Uncle, who go to games and live in Livermore would be pretty pissed off I imagine.

No doubt that the Raiders are an Oakland team before an LA team, but in spite of that I support the move. It's by far the better location to be in terms of the Raiders operating a business, and that means it's far more likely to be the place where the team can be successful again.

I'd feel sorry for the diehard fans in Oakland if they lost their team again, though.

Am sure this question has been asked before, but if your team moved city would you still support them?

In NFL terms yes. It's not like I'm from New York or have ever been there so it makes no odds to me. I don't foresee much likelihood of the Jets ever relocating out of the biggest city in the country anyway.

More generally it's a very rare thing to happen in Association Football in the UK as it's not the same as the American "Franchise" system. I think I'd need to see the circumstances and how things moved forward. Again though I see zero prospect of QoS relocating so it's not something I'm going to spend much time thinking about.

I'm not really sure what I'd do. Tough one, as I chose Houston purely because I was there anyway and went to see them play.

I support the Bucs as they won the first superbowl i ever watched so I would still support them if they moved as long as its not to London!

Another interesting twist on the question is the London thing. I think I'd be more likely to drop them if it was London they moved to.

I find the re-location talk rather confusing. A city that had two NFL teams in a smaller setup and could not support them is once again attempting to attract the NFL into the market. For their endevours the NFL team will have to pay the NFL $550m for the move. Any team that can afford to pay this should be looking at investing it in their own stadium instead of moving. The NFL teams will be competing for fans with the Trojans and Bruins (both of whom attracted more fans than the raiders on their last flirtation with the city.

On top of that, if a team moves then the NFL will not longer be able to threaten all the existing municipals with re-location to LA to extract public money for private enterprise.

I'm not really sure what I'd do. Tough one, as I chose Houston purely because I was there anyway and went to see them play.

They were very nearly an LA franchise.

ETA: Good luck in the playoffs BTW. :thumsup2

Edited by strichener

I find it a bit bizarre, have the reasons that the Raiders and Rams left LA gone away? My memories of the Raiders in particular seem to be of them playing in a not very busy Colleseum?

Like anything in LA, nobody cares if they don't win. From the sounds of thing the Carson sounds like it's a disaster waiting to happen. The traffic is horrrendous enough out there for an MLS game let alone another 40000 more.