NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

16 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

I think it will still kick off about 11.30pm here . Which is the usual 

Yep. I’m pretty sure it’s always kicked off at that time, regardless of what timezone the game is in.

Edited by Nightmare

On 03/10/2021 at 04:39, johnnydun said:

No AJ Brown or Julio Jones for Titans this week, we should still have enough to beat the Jets, I would hope.

Posts on P&B NFL General Discussion That Precede Unfortunate Events

15 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

It is with a heavy heart that I announce that Cole Beasley is at it again. 

He's a fucking moron. He grew up and attended school in Texas where they have vaccine requirements to attend their schools.

https://www.dshs.texas.gov/immunize/school/school-requirements.aspx

Lions OLB Romeo Okwara done for the season with an achilles tear

According to a report from NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, Detroit Lions outside linebacker Romeo Okwara suffered a torn Achilles in Sunday’s contest with the Chicago Bears and will miss the rest of the 2021 season.

Okwara was taken to the locker room in the first quarter of the game and did not return. Lions head coach Dan Campbell said after the game that an Achilles injury appeared to be very possible for Okwara.

“Yeah. We’ll know more in the morning, but, yeah,” Campbell said.

Okwara is now the second Lions defender to suffer a season-ending Achilles injury. Back in Week 1, second-year cornerback Jeff Okudah ruptured his Achilles against the San Francisco 49ers. He, too, will miss the entire 2021 season.

Okwara was the Lions' best defensive player through three weeks and their biggest pass-rushing threat. Without him for the rest of the season, the Lions will have to rely on Trey Flowers (who has missed the last two games with shoulder and knee injuries), Charles Harris, Austin Bryant, and Romeo’s brother, Julian Okwara.

Edited by GNU_Linux

55 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Urban Meyer's jacket on a shoogly peg already at the Jaguars you would have to think. Starting 0-4 won't do him any favours.

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/jaguars-owner-shad-khan-releases-statement-on-urban-meyer-he-must-regain-our-tru?campaign=Twitter_atn&__twitter_impression=true

I don't want to come across as 'I told you so', but at no point since they hired him was I ever convinced that was going to work out, and I think they are showing all the signs of a team that will utterly ruin a promising young QB.