NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

New Cardinals uniforms are completely ‘meh’. The ‘Arizona’ wording on the front of the new home jersey is so big it resembles ‘soccer’ style shirt sponsorship. These to me, look like uniforms they’ve had for twenty years and are getting rid of, not the new ones. Of all the teams who have changed uniforms relatively recently, the one that stands out for me is how good the three Buccaneers uniforms look, especially when compared to the Casio calculator monstrosities they had been sporting before.

https://www.nfl.com/news/cardinals-unveil-first-new-uniforms-since-2005

Edited by pozbaird

22 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

5 players banned, ranging from 6 games to the whole year, for gambling. 

Mostly gambling on team property. 

4 Lions and 1 Commander. 

Including Jameson Williams, CJ Moore and Cephus.

The 3 players banned indefinitely (at least a year) for betting on NFL games I can understand that’s what happened last year but why ban someone for betting on college games? Strange one.

idiotic esp as they know what happened to Ridley last year. Get a friend to do it if you really want to waste your money.

It is a great deal for the Packers as, more than likely, they will have two first round draft picks next year so even if Jordan Love is rotten they will have the draft capital to move up to select a new QB.  If he is good then more weapons can be got for him.

Rodgers deal supposed to be:

-Rodgers to the Jets along with the Packers’ 15th overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft.

-The Packers will receive the Jets’ 13th overall pick in this month’s draft, as well as one of the Jets’ second-round picks and their 2024 first-round draft pick if Rodgers plays at least 65% of the Jets’ offensive plays this season.

Overall, up two spots in the first to 13th, and reportedly the 42nd pick in the second to go with their 45th (The second Jets pick is number 43). If they packaged those three picks, they could move up as high as 3rd. Interesting options for the Packers now…and the Jets first next year won’t be great if Rodgers plays that much, but a first is a first.

I love this Rodgers trade. Yes, I’m a Broncos fan, but also (like a lot of us Brits I imagine), an NFL fan. I don’t have the same relationship with the Broncos that I have with my hometown St Mirren, so I take genuine interest in the other 31 teams, and love this trade. Looking forward to Jets games on TV. They proved in 2022 that they are no diddy cannon fodder any more, this ramps things up another notch. Also looking forward to Packers games on TV. How will they fare now that Brett Favre Aaron Rodgers has moved on? They were already short on weapons for their HoF QB as it was.

The draft is days away, the London games will be finalised, and now the AFC East looks extremely tasty - after all those years of Belichick / Brady / Gronk / Edelman just needing to not shit the bed to win it at a canter.

Starting to feel the new NFL season vibes. Bring it on! Can almost smell the beers, crisps, nibbles, and Sundays glued to Sky Sports.

Edited by pozbaird

2 hours ago, bobbydazzler said:

Seen a post on reddit that DHop could be going to Baltimore, Lamar finally getting some half decent WRs this year if so. 

there is no point... he is run first and can't throw to anyone not named Mark Andrews

4 hours ago, jagfox said:

Larry David Reaction GIF

Ach, come on, the NFL is big in Britain, that’s what I meant FFS. We didn’t grow up attached to a local NFL team, or had parents who dragged us along to The Louisiana Superdome or wherever… as borne out by the 32 jerseys vibe at games in London, the capital of Great Britain and Eng-er-land, the United Kingdom of Great British Bake Off Britain, Northern Ireland, The Principality of Welshness, Rockall, and the enclave of Coatbridge High Street. Etc. 

Happier? 😂😜

Edited by pozbaird

Your point is fairly accurate for the most part, but personally I've been a Chargers fan since the mid 80's, feel as much affinity for them as i do Dundee who I started following in the mid-late 70's, and I think that's why I don't really have the same interest in other NFL franchises and can't get at all excited about London games and so on. 

I think we're a bit spoiled nowadays with Gamepass, the Internet and so on, and perhaps 30 years ago i would have felt differently about games at Wembley. I think its also a factor that i've been to dozens of games all over the States, including a season where I was lucky to get to every SD home game, so the draw of watching a game played in the UK probably isn't there compared with a fan who has never or can not get to a game in the US.