NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

On 09/06/2023 at 20:25, GNU_Linux said:

For anyone after a football fix the CFL season started yesterday. No longer being carried on BT Sport as outside of North America all games are available for free via the league's CFL+ service.

Is there a way to watch game without finding out score in advance? Don't really wanna be staying up until 4am.

This is the worst bit of the year for extreme boredom. 

It's okay up the Draft and after that you can talk about the players you picked for a bit.

Not even any football to watch to take your mind off it.

Starts to pick up again in July, when players are moved on (although all the cuts down to 53, not take place in 1 go).

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like it almost certainly won't be the Bears on Hard Knocks.

They don't want to force any team to go on the show, but only the Commies haven't voiced opposition of the 4 teams that can be picked (Jets, Bears, Saints and Commies the eligible teams).

Sounds like Bears have vehemently opposed being on Hard Knocks.

52 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Oh dear Detroit 

IMG_7189.jpeg

Yeeech...

Never ceases to amaze me how a league and teams with so much money can continually come up with hideous uniforms. Not that America shows any understanding of the concept of style and understatement at the best of times, but seriously, some of the utterly eye-gouging awfulness around the NFL... That lime green thing the Seahawks wear... 😯

Just now, Boo Khaki said:

Yeeech...

Never ceases to amaze me how a league and teams with so much money can continually come up with hideous uniforms. Not that America shows any understanding of the concept of style and understatement at the best of times, but seriously, some of the utterly eye-gouging awfulness around the NFL... That lime green thing the Seahawks wear... 😯

To be fair, to slightly redress the balance, following their ‘Casio calculator typeface’ monstrosities, the Bucs’ nailed it with their red, pewter, and white uniform re-designs. The recent New England re-design was decent too, as was Cincy. I get what you mean though. For example… just two things that grind my uniform gears…

The thin weedy typeface used by the Titans - fire that into the sun, along with the massive ‘ATL’ on the Falcons jerseys. 

I liked the Tampa Creamsicle but I understand why they moved away from it since it represented 20+ years of near total futility.

I think the Pats uniform is a dog's breakfast, but the Bledsoe/Parcells era make-over needed moved on from because it was hideously 90's and already looked eons out of date when it first launched.

Titans unis are just 'meh' and they are the worst example of that 'two random blocks of colour that join at a headscratchingly random place' style that pop up now and again. Bills did it for a bit, and it just doesn't work. It's jarring on the eye and it looks like a prototype practice kit or something rather than your day to day.

Worst by miles though are the Seahawks. Four different unis, three of them are nausea-inducing. There was nothing wrong with their original deep blue/silver/green trim look, so why they felt the need to go to a colour palette that ranges from ditchwater dull grey-green something, to outright vomitous bile I have no idea. Seriously, look at this -

Seattle Seahawks - Wikipedia

Someone was paid a fortune, came up with this as a troll, and the idiots in charge went with it!!!!

This isn't even an accurate representation of the colour palette, because that blue/grey/green abomination is a million times more dull and dreary in real life.

Edited by Boo Khaki

9 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

That lion looks like it belongs in the Taxidermy Looks Easy thread.

Think it's a rework of an old logo they used to use in the 50's and 60's.

Edit - Aye ....

Detroit Lions Logo history

Edited by Boo Khaki

On 25/06/2023 at 15:52, jagfox said:

Bit odd they discouraged him from kicking because of his build. There have been plenty of successful 6'+ kickers down the years. I can only think that's possibly down to him having enormous feet, because the size of the contact spot with the ball is hugely important and that must be difficult if you wear like size 14's or something. Less so with Punting because the ball is reclined backwards so the contact patch is much larger in any case.

Edited by Boo Khaki

On 22/06/2023 at 03:36, Boo Khaki said:

I liked the Tampa Creamsicle but I understand why they moved away from it since it represented 20+ years of near total futility.

I think the Pats uniform is a dog's breakfast, but the Bledsoe/Parcells era make-over needed moved on from because it was hideously 90's and already looked eons out of date when it first launched.

Titans unis are just 'meh' and they are the worst example of that 'two random blocks of colour that join at a headscratchingly random place' style that pop up now and again. Bills did it for a bit, and it just doesn't work. It's jarring on the eye and it looks like a prototype practice kit or something rather than your day to day.

Worst by miles though are the Seahawks. Four different unis, three of them are nausea-inducing. There was nothing wrong with their original deep blue/silver/green trim look, so why they felt the need to go to a colour palette that ranges from ditchwater dull grey-green something, to outright vomitous bile I have no idea. Seriously, look at this -

Seattle Seahawks - Wikipedia

Someone was paid a fortune, came up with this as a troll, and the idiots in charge went with it!!!!

This isn't even an accurate representation of the colour palette, because that blue/grey/green abomination is a million times more dull and dreary in real life.

Go Away GIF