Free Money

Always do the higher value bet as the refundable second bet. You'd have made a nice profit tonight if you'd simply switched the order of your bets.

I made £1 off this deal. High rollin'.

Aye but I meant taking the risk of Atletico winning rather than use it to guarantee, I should have cashed out, don't know why I never because I always do :(

My thought process may be wrong with this arbing. My thoughts are below on this scenario.

It would be a £300 outlay for £10 profit if both teams dont score. I think I'm missing something.

Example - Both teams to score at 21/10, VC has no at 1/2.

£100 x 21/10 = £310

£200 x 1/2 = £300

My thought process may be wrong with this arbing. My thoughts are below on this scenario.

It would be a £300 outlay for £10 profit if both teams dont score. I think I'm missing something.

Example - Both teams to score at 21/10, VC has no at 1/2.

£100 x 21/10 = £310

£200 x 1/2 = £300

That's why I don't indulge. You have three risks for little profit.

1. The odds could change between bets.

2. The maximum on the second bet could be less than you expect.

3. A bookie might see what you're doing and ban you.

Basically a lot of cash risked for a pretty marginal return.

I hope people who know better will correct me on this.

I tend to agree, but how would the bookies know?

The biggest risk for me would be your second point. Slightly easier to mitigate against if your betting online. Not so easy if your arbing in shops.

Thanks for the replys, a wouldn't get involved as £10 is pretty minimal for putting £300 into your accounts to wait on it coming back again etc

Then you take the risks you have highlighted. Not worth the hassle in my opinion and to be worth it you'd need to hammer the bets.

Each to there own though.

It's free money but you will get limited eventually, it involves large sums of cash tied up as well. During the World Cup there's so many offers on you would be better served max betting on for example correct score with bookies where there's cash back on red card/ 0-0 and laying elsewhere.

I tend to agree, but how would the bookies know?

The biggest risk for me would be your second point. Slightly easier to mitigate against if your betting online. Not so easy if your arbing in shops.

A lot of people do get banned. I talked to a guy who works at the Bet365 HQ in Stoke. He said the bookies share information to track it down.

I don't have any sympathy for bookies, but I can see why they do it. If they invest in offering slightly better odds to attract new customers and to keep old customers happy, and big money gamblers exploit it to get "free money", then there will be less freebies available to the ordinary punter.

• 4 weeks later...

Not for everybody but William Hill are offering new customers odds of 4/1 for Germany to win the trophy using the promo GER4.

It's a maximum bet of £10 so you won't get much. Argentina are generally available at just over evens to lift the trophy so you can back that wherever you get the best odds to get guaranteed winnings.

Here's the link

http://m.williamhill.com/wc-odds/?var5=UK_WHS_MOB_GERvARG_1845_PP_LLRS_TSTIMG