Free Money

6 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

OK explanation time.

You bet £5.20 on Elgin at 1/2 with Stan James - Return is £7.80
You bet £1.20 on the Draw at 11/2 with Coral - Return is £7.80
You bet £0.78 on Gala at 9/1 with Coral - Return is £7.80

Return is £7.80 regardless of outcome and the total stake is £7.18 - Hence free money.

I'm a bit thick at this. Is there a quick way to glance at the odds and make it worth while to check if you'd get a guaranteed return?

7 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I'm a bit thick at this. Is there a quick way to glance at the odds and make it worth while to check if you'd get a guaranteed return?

With regards to an example like this it takes a bit of working out. Best way is to use a site like odds checker and look for one firm that has the prices drastically different from the rest. In this case coral were that firm. I wasn't looking for this and just happened to come across it but having previously worked in the industry I knew there was an anomaly in the prices as soon as I saw them on odds checker. 

Work mate told me that Sun Bets are doing a deposit and bet £5 get a free £10 bet.

Initial bet has to be be 1/2 or higher. 

I don't take much do with News International but hey, it's free money!

On 24/10/2016 at 19:54, jagfox99 said:

Work mate told me that Sun Bets are doing a deposit and bet £5 get a free £10 bet.

Initial bet has to be be 1/2 or higher. 

I don't take much do with News International but hey, it's free money!

Signed up to sun bets with a fiver on a card awarded in the Man Utd v City game, so I now have a £40 free bet to use and no idea what to use it on. Hoping to get at least £100 or so out of it.

1 hour ago, dayman said:

Signed up to sun bets with a fiver on a card awarded in the Man Utd v City game, so I now have a £40 free bet to use and no idea what to use it on. Hoping to get at least £100 or so out of it.

If you won with your fiver you should be able to withdraw any winnings and still have a ten pound free bet.

9 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

If you won with your fiver you should be able to withdraw any winnings and still have a ten pound free bet.

It was a different new customer offer - 8/1 on any player booked anytime. Fiver paid £5.20 , plus a £40 free bet. 

Edited by dayman

• 2 weeks later...

Got the Sunbets deal so £50 free bet waiting in the account. For some reason Will Hills would only let me stick £5 on England instead of the £20 i was trying to do at evens. Pissed me off as they advertised it on the match thread right up until kick off