Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what kinda seethe DeeGas will go though when he realises he has no vote on the outcome. :1eye:P:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm curious of how nasty the separatists are prepared to go when they discover the gap in votes they have to make up is not happening,possibly even getting bigger.

Will they begin openly on the streets abusing Scots who support the Union.

Salmonds anti English speech might get silly.

Thing is there is no great divide,the big majority of Scots are happy being Scottish and British.

We like each other.

xx

I see that quisling c**t Alistair Darling is trying to bend facts again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-24803678

Better Together leader Alistair Darling said Scottish research facilities and universities in Scotland got a disproportionately high share of UK research funding.

He added: "We make up around 8% of the UK population but get over 13% of UK research funding in return."

"That is a clear, positive benefit of being part of the UK."

He is truly scraping the bottom of the barrel by trying to warp facts in a futile attempt at finding a positive case for the CDU.

The "We make up around 8% of the UK population but get over 13% of UK research funding in return" line is an absolute fucking caper. Population is irrelevant here: Scotland get's ~13% of the UK's research funding because Scotland has, unsurprisingly, ~13% of the UK's research facilities and universities.

That is Reynard-esque levels of interpretation and fail for f**k sake.

Not really a surprise given it would remove Labour's influence with Scottish seats at Westminster.

On my phone so can't multi-quote VT's post, but it amazes me how much Russell divides opinion. Unis and High schools are keen, primary schools and colleges hate him, weird divide.

Russell has devastated the funding of FE colleges in Scotland.

Never saw this the other day(Link from rico's article)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10421506/Len-McCluskey-praises-seductive-Scottish-independence.html

Johann Lamonts boss and Ed Milliband's backer would vote yes if if he lived in Scotland. Interesting.

With Charles gray and other prominent members of the Labour movement in favour, how detached is the party from it's members and backers?

Or with everything that has been going on recently is it just all out war in the Labour Party?

Or with everything that has been going on recently is it just all out war in the Labour Party?

Proper Labour men are Yes supporters. The New Labour Brit-nats are just pandering c**ts who really aren't all that different to the Conservatives.

Russell has devastated the funding of FE colleges in Scotland.

In order to provide free education at vastly superior institutions, during a period of London-imposed 'austerity'.

Somehow I doubt we'll be shedding tears at the loss of 500 hairdressing places at clown colleges like Reid Kerr.

In order to provide free education at vastly superior institutions, during a period of London-imposed 'austerity'.

Somehow I doubt we'll be shedding tears at the loss of 500 hairdressing places at clown colleges like Reid Kerr.

I'm sure our economy is much the stronger for replacing funding for actual vocational skills for the less advantaged to pay for a BA in Film and Media studies at Caley.

Naat.

I'm sure our economy is much the stronger for replacing funding for actual vocational skills for the less advantaged to pay for a BA in Film and Media studies at Caley.

Naat.

1. The premise that worthwhile skills are the sole domain of colleges is categorically false: 'vocational skills', much as it is in school, is a lazy cop-out sector which the government doesn't need to fund. Top-quality research and teaching institutions quite obviously should be funded by the public purse, which is why Russell can point to truly exceptional levels of global attainment while Labour throw their arms in the air and demand 150 million appenticeships to prepare people for mass manufacturing roles that died on their arse in the 1950s.

2. Quite embarrassingly for all involved, colleges still find themselves below even the likes of Caley, UWS and other bovine universities in the academic food chain.

And last and by far the most important point:

3. The idea that the SNP's education policy can be credibly attacked by a Liberal Democrat, whose party has adopted about 15 mutually contradictory positions over higher education policy since Scottish devolution is laughable, and made your contribution an automatic swing and a miss from the outset.

Unlucky.

Archived