Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only for a year. <_<

Keeping it warm for Boris?

My point still satnds, the UK PM should state his case for the union in a debate.

OK - what is the story the usual suspects are trying to bury today with the pointless EU debate?

Typical Nat response to be honest. And quite disappointing. It becomes a "sweep sweep" session, when it is illustrated that Nationalist politicians, like Nicola Sturgeon, will happily lie to voters, and the SNP will perform a volte face after having lied to voters in the past.

There wouldn't be any "EU debate" if the SNP hadn't lied to people. It's fortunate there are enough non-seals here to point this out to people reading the debate, who might otherwise assume, from the fanboy adulation, that the SNP did not in fact engage in lies and deception to avoid perfectly reasonable questions.

The EU problem the Nats face is one entirely of their own making. Had they been up front from the start it would be a non issue. The fact they now have almost the correct position, after years of lying, indicates this.

Typical Nat response to be honest. And quite disappointing. It becomes a "sweep sweep" session, when it is illustrated that Nationalist politicians, like Nicola Sturgeon, will happily lie to voters, and the SNP will perform a volte face after having lied to voters in the past.

There wouldn't be any "EU debate" if the SNP hadn't lied to people. It's fortunate there are enough non-seals here to point this out to people reading the debate, who might otherwise assume, from the fanboy adulation, that the SNP did not in fact engage in lies and deception to avoid perfectly reasonable questions.

The EU problem the Nats face is one entirely of their own making. Had they been up front from the start it would be a non issue. The fact they now have almost the correct position, after years of lying, indicates this.

:( But... but .... but the Unionist parties would never lie to the people, you know about going to war and stuff.

Would they? :rolleyes:

:( But... but .... but the Unionist parties would never lie to the people, you know about going to war and stuff.

Would they? :rolleyes:

Of course they would. They are politicians. All politicans lie.

SNP politicians are no more, or less, trustworthy than their opponents.

Ok, so why are you so opposed to the SNP when they are all just big fat politician liars :P

I'm not opposed to the SNP. I voted for the SNP in the last Scottish elections.

It's important though, especially when the commentary on the SNP on this website is generally fawning and adulatory, that when politicans lie, like Nicola Sturgeon, it is pointed out, so people can decide on their trustworthiness.

This is also true of the Unionist politicans. Tony Blair for example, being a known liar.

It's important though, especially when the commentary on the SNP on this website is generally fawning and adulatory, that when politicans lie, like Nicola Sturgeon, it is pointed out, so people can decide on their trustworthiness.

This is also true of the Unionist politicans. Tony Blair for example, being a known liar.

So your point is that all politicians lie. Cheers.

Keeping it warm for Boris?

My point still satnds, the UK PM should state his case for the union in a debate.

The UK PM can have an opinion on the subject. All he can really do now is nip away from afar and he can't vote on the subject unless he swiftly moves residence. A bit like one or two posters in here.

He isn't running any campaign for the union, I'm fairly sure he wants the union to remain in place but his involvement was to hand complete ontrol over the subject to Holyrood, and ultimately to the Scottish people. He can now sit back, spark up a huge doob and laugh at Salmond wriggling around like a big fat worm dangling on a hook of his own making after swallowing the bait Cameron laid for him. He did all he needed to do, and went away.

Boris won't be PM even if he finds himself a constituency and wins a seat at the next general election. He wouldn't be leader of the party and the Tories aren't going to win a majority anyway. He will have more chance of reintroducing wooden tennis raquets into mens professional tennis I reckon.

New Labour was essentially one big lie.

If they are all as untrustworthy as each other in your opinion, how do you decide who to vote for then?

Answer this, would Scotland be better off with people who live in and were born in Scotland making the policy's and decisions that affect the future in Scotland?

New Labour was essentially one big lie.

If they are all as untrustworthy as each other in your opinion, how do you decide who to vote for then?

Answer this, would Scotland be better off with people who live in and were born in Scotland making the policy's and decisions that affect the future in Scotland?

If he is anything like me, he will look at the assortment of politicians standing for his constituency and then plump for the least worst option (he hopes). In the Scottish parliament list system you just have to hope you get someone competant. You rarely ever do though.

Or maybe he just goes in and draws a giant cock and balls on the ballot paper. It registers as a "vote" in the turnout but doesn't give anyone any encouragement. :P

The UK PM can have an opinion on the subject. All he can really do now is nip away from afar and he can't vote on the subject unless he swiftly moves residence. A bit like one or two posters in here.

He isn't running any campaign for the union, I'm fairly sure he wants the union to remain in place but his involvement was to hand complete ontrol over the subject to Holyrood, and ultimately to the Scottish people. He can now sit back, spark up a huge doob and laugh at Salmond wriggling around like a big fat worm dangling on a hook of his own making after swallowing the bait Cameron laid for him. He did all he needed to do, and went away.

Boris won't be PM even if he finds himself a constituency and wins a seat at the next general election. He wouldn't be leader of the party and the Tories aren't going to win a majority anyway. He will have more chance of reintroducing wooden tennis raquets into mens professional tennis I reckon.

He is the leader of the union a no vote will leave us part of.

What is he affraid of?

As for Boris, hopefully he'll not be our problem soon. ;)

Archived