Reasons to be Cheerful

38 minutes ago, philpy said:

Gary Clark (ex Danny Wilson) was the support act. What a voice that guy has. Dunno if he's a DAB right enough..

He's a Dee. Hopefully he leathered Ross backstage.

First day since I broke my heel bone three weeks ago that I'm actually getting out the house. Looking forward to a few beers and some food.

Three weeks housebound?! f**k that. I went 2 full days indoors (broken ankle) then had to get out. Crutched, limped and hobbled my way to the shop. Was hard work but worth it.

6 hours ago, NorthernJambo said:

Payday, half day at work, heading down to Fife to visit family (so will get cans on the train). Probably a good Friday until I'm actually in Fife and remember why I moved away.

Nonsense. Mon the Kingdom.

Beat my personal best golf score today and had two birdies into the bargain.
First round I've ever had without a 7 or higher!

You'd be rotten fun to play golf with. If I haven't joined the double digit club by the 8th I feel like I have let myself down.

Normal service has resumed, shite again.
Sevens all over the place.

My scores are horrendous. Tend to follow a pattern - 7, 5, 4, 4, 3, 8, 11...

Frustrating thing is I can skelp a ball. It's either dead straight or going so far right I worry one day it will hit me on the back of the head. Then chipping on to the green I'm either over hitting it or playing the sloping green like a pro. After that I will either put from fucking miles or 3 putt from inches away.

The only consistent thing about my game is my inconsistency.