Reasons to be Cheerful

32 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I think you need to be at least 6' these days not to be seen as a short arse.

30 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I would say 5'11.

41 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I am 5'10" and a wee bit. 

I would say 5'10" and a wee bit is just about right.

15 hours ago, Aidan said:

I was the same, I'm at 12.5 stone now and they say that I can get away with going up to 12.7, but with my football season over I'll go over that I think

I'm 5'11 and if I go below 12 stone people think I have some terrible disease and look too skinny. Been a slob recently so now in a fasting regime to get down to my summer weight.

Surely those nhs weight guides are a lot of shite. I'm 6 foot 3 and it says I could be 10st 4 and still be healthy, I used to be 12 st and people though I was ill. 

3 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Surely those nhs weight guides are a lot of shite. I'm 6 foot 3 and it says I could be 10st 4 and still be healthy, I used to be 12 st and people though I was ill. 

Ive a mate who was a bodybuilder and had about 3% body fat,who constantly got told he was overweight in his offshore medicals

That has to be bollocks. I'm 5'8 and around 10st give it take and although I'm athletic, I'm still what you'd describe as skinny. Not a hope in hell someone half a foot taller than me can be that weight without looking anorexic.

It is a lot of shite, my lower limit is 8 stone 11 I think. No 30 year old should weigh that little, I remember being just under 10 stone when I was about 19 and I had absolutely no fat or muscle on me whatsoever, If I lost a stone I would be dangerously under weight.

2 minutes ago, Widge said:

That has to be bollocks. I'm 5'8 and around 10st give it take and although I'm athletic, I'm still what you'd describe as skinny. Not a hope in hell someone half a foot taller than me can be that weight without looking anorexic.

Another short arse to join me and Bairnardo! 

Another short arse to join me and Bairnardo! 

I came to that conclusion a long time ago. So much so that I tell my girlfriend if she were 3 inches taller I wouldn't go out with her. Just as well she doesn't wear heels very often.

But as for joining you, I've no idea what you're referring to, but no thanks!

1 minute ago, Widge said:

I came to that conclusion a long time ago. So much so that I tell my girlfriend if she were 3 inches taller I wouldn't go out with her. Just as well she doesn't wear heels very often.

But as for joining you, I've no idea what you're referring to, but no thanks!

Its just since i revealed i was 5'8 or a bit less i was getting some comments saying there were no excuses for being that short etc from posters who are 6 foot + and then Bairnardo recently revealed he was also 5'8 and now you in the space of a few days. I don't consider myself as short and always used it to my advantage playing football, shorter players always have good ball control due to the low centre of gravity!