Reasons to be Cheerful

I thoroughly enjoyed the array of sport in the diddy Italian town I lived in until last summer. That and cheap quality wine were really the only reasons to stay there.

Anyway, last night the women's handball team won the Coppa Italia. As a Thistle and Scotland fan success is rare to me and I'm absolutely delighted for all the volunteers who give up their time to help grow the sport. In a country of absolute glory hunters success is really the only way to get noticed.

Don't know if it's a RTBC or not - give me a couple of weeks - but I'm back!

Oh, and reason to have a giggle - in my absence someone apparently speculated that me and my dead father were one and the same person, hence my disappearance. Nope. I am not dead, and I have a fanny.

15 hours ago, McB said:

Don't know if it's a RTBC or not - give me a couple of weeks - but I'm back!

Oh, and reason to have a giggle - in my absence someone apparently speculated that me and my dead father were one and the same person, hence my disappearance. Nope. I am not dead, and I have a fanny.

Can I get more of an explanation?

5 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Can I get more of an explanation?

I used to post on here pretty regularly, as did my dad. Around the time he died I pretty much stopped posting as I had a newborn baby. In the intervening period it would appear that at least one other poster had noted my disappearance and as my dad's death had been mentioned on here, they had put two and two together and got nine - as I had ceased posting around the same time as he had died, I was clearly actually just a fake account created by him and my whole persona was an elaborate hoax.

Edited by McB

20 minutes ago, McB said:

I used to post on here pretty regularly, as did my dad. Around the time he died I pretty much stopped posting as I had a newborn baby. In the intervening period it would appear that at least one other poster had noted my disappearance and as my dad's death had been mentioned on here, they had put two and two together and got nine - as I had ceased posting around the same time as he had died, I was clearly actually just a fake account created by him and my whole persona was an elaborate hoax.

Sorry to hear about you Da. Welcome back!

Tam McB's daughter, presumably? Bobby Skidmarks doesn't seem to post much anymore, so you're probably safe from hearing about his nickname.

Congratulations on the fanny, by the way.

5 hours ago, McB said:

Hope fanny has recovered!

18 hours ago, BFTD said:

Tam McB's daughter, presumably? Bobby Skidmarks doesn't seem to post much anymore, so you're probably safe from hearing about his nickname.

I am very much aware of the nickname.

In any case I attended the school where he taught so I'm not unused to people saying unpleasant things about my father to my face.

17 hours ago, RH33 said:

Hope fanny has recovered!

Thankfully after in excess of 24 hours of labour, an unsuccessful syntocin drip and discussion of an episitomy the small person became distressed (tbf so was I by that point) so she was extracted via the emergency exit. Just a shame about the state of my pelvic floor.