Reasons to be Cheerful

Am I f**k that couple will be in the top 0.1% prob as you only need assets of over 560 k to be in the top 1%. Just asset wise I fall in the top 10% though in light of figures released that the 1% now own as much as everyone else in the world. The inequality makes me sick still though.

Heard this report you're referring to on the radio yesterday. Something like the world's 56 richest folk own as much as the poorest 50%.

I think it's richest 65 GD and to make it worse the figure was 85 people with That wealth about 18 months ago so it highlights the way this is going. It's awful how a guy in his 20 s on the property ladder is probably considered well off by most.

I think it's richest 65 GD and to make it worse the figure was 85 people with That wealth about 18 months ago so it highlights the way this is going. It's awful how a guy in his 20 s on the property ladder is probably considered well off by most.

I'm also surprised how little it takes to be in the top 1%. The world's gone to pot.

I was surprised when I read it as well and more surprised that it has taken until now for that 1% to own more than the rest. There are many people who have good jobs who have little in the way of assets so I'm not quite sure how these figures are obtained.

There's a guy in a powered wheelchair who scoots around Shawlands in Glasgow picking up litter with one of these picking-up-litter sticks and putting it in a bin bag. My admiration for the human race (quite apart for my man love for him) soars when i see this.

I was surprised when I read it as well and more surprised that it has taken until now for that 1% to own more than the rest. There are many people who have good jobs who have little in the way of assets so I'm not quite sure how these figures are obtained.

I'd imagine flats and houses only count if you've paid off the mortgage and aren't effectively renting it from the bank or building society.

Before anyone starts ordering the Buck's Fizz and flogging the homeless, it's worth remembering that this measurement won't be taking account of variances in the cost of living across the globe. You'd be able to obtain the same assets and standard of living in other parts of the world with substantially less cash.

Anyway, I'm in the top 3%, which probably puts me in the same bracket as toilet attendants for most folk on here, and in the 'barely human' bracket for folk who actually have money :P

So I got told a week before Christmas my contract at work wasn't getting renewed. It wasn't a majorly big deal in that the job meant nothing to me, but it was a wee bit extra money coming in and I've got my road tax and insurance up soon so it was going to make paying that a bit tight.

I left having worked my two weeks notice without so much as a "thanks" or an "all the best for the future" despite the fact I'd worked their since the day the shop opened. In fact all I got was asked for my staff discount card back...which I kept until last week purely out of spite.

The following week a customer who I used to speak to every week, and who knows my Mum, popped into her work and gave her the details of one of her friends who was looking for someone to help out with some computery stuff for her company.

I gave her a phone, went to meet up at the office and got the job. The pay's considerably better, I make my own hours and so can work as much or as little as I want, there's no more back shifts, early starts or partial night shifts and best of all I'm not being filled with a feeling of dread every single day I'm working. Oh and I can now get to midweek football matches!

All in all 2016 has started well :) No doubt the wheels will fall off later, but I'm going to enjoy this whilst I can.

You've no telt us if she's a big ride?

Yep, the question on everyone's mind. Looks like he's riding his way to the top.

I'm loving work at the minute, they're desperate for anyone to do overtime. Worked out that before tax next month I'll be taking home the same as eight full days salary, and I've only done something like 18 hours OT.

Long may it continue.

You've no telt us if she's a big ride?

'Fraid not, she's old enough to be my Gran.

Which I appreciate may appeal to certain members of the P&B community. But not this one. The high standard of lassies in my last work is the only thing I'll miss about it in all honesty.

'Fraid not, she's old enough to be my Gran.

Which I appreciate may appeal to certain members of the P&B community. But not this one. The high standard of lassies in my last work is the only thing I'll miss about it in all honesty.

Don't be shy now - names, please. The Head's Gone thread could use the help this week :P

Before anyone starts ordering the Buck's Fizz and flogging the homeless, it's worth remembering that this measurement won't be taking account of variances in the cost of living across the globe. You'd be able to obtain the same assets and standard of living in other parts of the world with substantially less cash.

Anyway, I'm in the top 3%, which probably puts me in the same bracket as toilet attendants for most folk on here, and in the 'barely human' bracket for folk who actually have money :P

That's a good reason to ignore these 'lists' and not get carried away. 50k where I am now will buy a new 5-bedroom house. 50k where I used to be will pay your rent for 1 to 2 years, if you're lucky!