Reasons to be Cheerful

12 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I bought a pair of rambling boots from them and used them mostly for working steel erecting and building work for 4 years, doing 18-36 hour shifts on occasion. My feet were the last thing to suffer. The trainers I just bought are brilliant, hope they last as long. I wouldn't pay more than the minimum for a car as long as it gets you from A-B, but your feet are worth a bit extra imo. Wouldn't go for the hardcore climbing ones if you're mainly on trails, too stiff.

I bought a pair of North Face gore Tex trainers.  Not waterproof in the slightest.  Will never buy north Face shoes again.

1 hour ago, Peppino Impastato said:

I bought a pair of North Face gore Tex trainers.  Not waterproof in the slightest.  Will never buy north Face shoes again.

Good. I hope you get trench foot. 

Are Meindl worth looking at then? 

My walking boots / shoes of choice. The most comfortable I've ever had and I've replaced them with the same any time they've eventually worn out. Never had any issue 'wearing them in' either, which is a miserable experience if you still have to on a long walk. Pretty sure North Face prices have gone up just for the name as you describe, so ditch the ned-wear imo.

rambling boots

Mods, please.

I’m home today, for a few weeks off work. 

Also, the horse I own a share in is running at Musselburgh tomorrow so it’s off the races. 

I’m partial to losing money on shite horses, feel free to pass on details