The Last of Us

Dee4Life1893

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Really trying to like the last of us but it's just not catching me as much as something like spiderman did, i dont know if its because its a bit repetitive in terms of how you go through areas or what but i just dont have the same urge as ive had for a couple of games to play it everyday

I got the Remastered one for PS4 when it came out and I really wanted to like it, but it just never grabbed me.  I've re-downloaded it and will give it another go.  My mate at work told me that it took him a good 3 or 4 hours before he got into it, so I maybe just need to persevere with it.

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I got the Remastered one for PS4 when it came out and I really wanted to like it, but it just never grabbed me.  I've re-downloaded it and will give it another go.  My mate at work told me that it took him a good 3 or 4 hours before he got into it, so I maybe just need to persevere with it.

Same but it's such a slog, 

On 13/10/2019 at 20:20, 54_and_counting said:

Really trying to like the last of us but it's just not catching me as much as something like spiderman did, i dont know if its because its a bit repetitive in terms of how you go through areas or what but i just dont have the same urge as ive had for a couple of games to play it everyday

10 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

9 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Same but it's such a slog, 

*insert witty joke involving Rangers fans being zombies and it being no surprise they dont like the game*

Man, hard to see how anyone could think The last of us was more repetitive than Spiderman? Besides the story missions that whole game felt like the same 5 or 6 tasks repeated over and over again.

Edited by Rodhull

I picked this game up since I’m off this week but I’ve got stuck. I’m hanging up side down in a warehouse and I just can’t kill the last clicker before it kills me.
Aye that's a b*****d that bit. Only 'tip' I can give you is shoot at the clicker the second you see it regardless of whether there are other zombies nearer you.

On 13/10/2019 at 20:20, 54_and_counting said:

On 14/10/2019 at 09:31, KnightswoodBear said:

Same, I played it last year and just couldnt get into it. I've got the remastered version on the PS4 and keep meaning to give it another go

I really enjoyed the game to be honest. It’s pretty long and there’s a b*****d of a challenging situation every now and again. I loved launching a bottle and then batting those things very much. A very decent story.

The part where you are riding about in the horse is making me want to play Red Dead Redemption 2 again. However, I’ve bought Mafia 3 so it’s next.

4 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I really enjoyed the game to be honest. It’s pretty long and there’s a b*****d of a challenging situation every now and again. I loved launching a bottle and then batting those things very much. A very decent story.

The part where you are riding about in the horse is making me want to play Red Dead Redemption 2 again. However, I’ve bought Mafia 3 so it’s next.

Mafia 3 i got right into then i think maybe spiderman came out and i never went back to it, was quite a chunk through it as well, keep meaning to go back to it

5 hours ago, Mr X said:

Same, I played it last year and just couldnt get into it. I've got the remastered version on the PS4 and keep meaning to give it another go

I'm enjoying it more now, defo worth persevering with until you get to crafting all the weapons and fight in more open spaces, pittsburgh is absolutely fantastic as a run down abandonded city

I was never that keen on the actual game play but stayed on as the story was really affecting and well-written. Not sure how to feel about the new one as the story just seems relentlessly grim. Will probably wait a while after it comes out and see if it still contains scenes similar to those really touching moments from the first game.

It's always frustrating when that happens but I'd much rather a company delays releasing a title rather than rushing out something that's not 100%. Ubisoft are bad for the latter and a lot of the time it's full of glitches.