Royal Baby, due today 22 July

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hah! After all the posturing, this is now basically the busiest thread on p&b...what does that say? :lol:

And now we have people obsessively not caring! For the record, I'm fairly neutral on the monarchy. For childish reasons, I would like it to be called James so that we can start the "James VII vs James II" debate. I will continue to follow this thread as my sole source of news. :D

And now we have people obsessively not caring! For the record, I'm fairly neutral on the monarchy. For childish reasons, I would like it to be called James so that we can start the "James VII vs James II" debate. I will continue to follow this thread as my sole source of news. :D

It will be called James VIII. New law for future monarchs. Highest number wins. William will be William V, even in Scotland despite us only having had three previous Williams. I hope he is called Alexander. Then he can be Alexander IV.

It will be called James VIII. New law for future monarchs. Highest number wins. William will be William V, even in Scotland despite us only having had three previous Williams. I hope he is called Alexander. Then he can be Alexander IV.

Not sure if serious...is this an actual thing? Or is this something you just made up?

Scottish First Minister Alex Salmond, meanwhile, said: "I am sure that people across Scotland will be absolutely thrilled to hear the news of the birth of a baby boy to the Royal couple and will want to join me in wishing the proud parents many congratulations."

Sarcasm from the big man?

Not sure if serious...is this an actual thing? Or is this something you just made up?

Nope, serious. Edit: To be fair not sure if this is law or more a future convention suggested by Churchill in the 50's.

No, when did that become the opinion of the whole country??

Why don't you go round and ask everyone and then we can have definitive answer instead of just asking a reasonable sample of people like every other poll ever.

Count the answers in tallies of five, draw the scores in with a pencil and try to keep your tongue from hanging out.

Archived