Royal Baby, due today 22 July

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can I put my money on the name being Prince Billy Mason Super Ally Newco Windsor?

Joking apart it'll boringly be one of those traditional British Royal names like George, Henry, Edward, Albert or Ludwig...

its an actual thing well its a suggested convention rather than a law. or at least thats the justification given by winston churchill as to why elizabeth ii should be numbered as such across the empire. we'll see what happens if it ever comes to pass that the english numbering gets bypassed.

There was a court case brought in Scotland in the 1950s by Scottish Nationalists against the term "Elizabeth II" being used as there never had been an Elizabeth I of Scotland. The Judge, Lord Cooper, ruled that it was up to the monarch to call themselves what they wanted.

However, unlike England, there are no pillar boxes in Scotland with the cipher "E II R" on them, just "ER". One pillar box with "E II R" was erected in the Inch area of Edinburgh and was blown up fairly shortly after.....

not that you'll read this alternate history in the mainstream media of course....

There was a court case brought in Scotland in the 1950s by Scottish Nationalists against the term "Elizabeth II" being used as there never had been an Elizabeth I of Scotland. The Judge, Lord Cooper, ruled that it was up to the monarch to call themselves what they wanted.

However, unlike England, there are no pillar boxes in Scotland with the cipher "E II R" on them, just "ER". One pillar box with "E II R" was erected in the Inch area of Edinburgh and was blown up fairly shortly after.....

not that you'll read this alternate history in the mainstream media of course....

Hahaha really?

That is class

Hopefully they call it James so we can all have a good argument about what number he is.

Someone hasn't read McCormick v Lord Advocate. Royal titles fall entirely within the prerogative.

Someone hasn't read McCormick v Lord Advocate. Royal titles fall entirely within the prerogative.

Don't care. We can still argue about it.

EDIT: I was also hoping it was non-identical opposite sex twins with the girl born first.

EDIT2: And born by caesarean.

Was the ruling not that the higher number will be used, i.e. if it was a Alexander or Robert it would be styled "IV"?

What about naming the child "Second"?

Archived