19 year old woman from Lenzie held in Peru over drugs

2 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

A lady in my work one time asked how long it would take you to drive to South Africa and was shocked to hear it was more than “just a few hours”.

Depends what she drives. 

2 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

A lady in my work one time asked how long it would take you to drive to South Africa and was shocked to hear it was more than “just a few hours”.

Imagine being dumb enough to think South Africa was a few hours away in the car and being incurious enough to never try to drive there.

10 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Walking pretty much aimlessly in a new town or city is fucking brilliant. Great opportunity to explore and find wee places most folk don't. I've not been on holiday on my own for a few years but it's one the things I Ioved about it. Just get up in the morning and start wandering. Get back to the hostel and find people to go out and get blootered with. Hang over McDonald's breakfast the next day then repeat.

Oh, yes. If you're in a city like Rome, Paris or London, you can just wander happily around knowing that "dove il Metro" or "where's the nearest Tube" will give you an instant reset on your location.

I prefer to have this experience on my own, mind. Mrs WRK doesn't like not knowing where she is, and relies on me to tell her. When I firstly don't know and secondly don't really care, it really twists her melon. 

On the last episode of the documentary and it is decent but can't shake the feeling that it's the main part of a PR rebrand for the lass before trying to become a new host of loose women or some shit in a few months. Especially with the other girl not having any part of it.

36 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Walking pretty much aimlessly in a new town or city is fucking brilliant.

Yes! I really enjoy this. Coming to a cross roads and just taking the first available green man. Had a few trips in Antwerp when Mrs Mathematics was at a conference there; would spend all day just aimlessly wandering from cafe/bar to cafe/bar.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

My sense of direction has definitely taken a dive since satnav and google maps on a phone. 

I always seem to know where north is to the point that if you asked me which way it was, I can point in the general direction pretty much instantly.  It genuinely bothers me when I can't.

Moss Street in Keith throws me off though.  A N-S orientation whilst heading along the A96?  Madness.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

I always seem to know where north is to the point that if you asked me which way it was, I can point in the general direction pretty much instantly.  It genuinely bothers me when I can't.

Moss Street in Keith throws me off though.  A N-S orientation whilst heading along the A96?  Madness.

Keith is just weird full stop. Rivers throw me off, the Ness weaves about so much it's hard to get a fix on North.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

On the last episode of the documentary and it is decent but can't shake the feeling that it's the main part of a PR rebrand for the lass before trying to become a new host of loose women or some shit in a few months. Especially with the other girl not having any part of it.

I agree. But then again, I am a cynical twat :) 

Soon to be appearing on ITV mouth breathing chav tv.............

Her, not me ;) 

19 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

I agree. But then again, I am a cynical twat :) 

Soon to be appearing on ITV mouth breathing chav tv.............

Her, not me ;) 

After finishing the last episode I'm even more convinced of it. 

15 hours ago, greendot said:

If she's anything like mine, when she's driving she lifts her hands up and gestures in the direction and depending on who's sitting in the passangers seat will say it's in their direction or not!

I've been with two different girls who both put their thumbs and forefingers up to see which made an 'L' when driving...

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

I'm kinda like that, not necessarily directly thinking about where the sun rises/sets, but being aware of where the light is at a given time. 

Last winter, I was driving to work at around 0620 (i.e. pitch fucking black) when the matrix signs told me the M1 was closed four junctions before my usual exit. Now, I have lived in Yorkshire for nearly forty years, but get me a) out of the North and East and b) off the Motorway, and I just don't know the roads. I simply tried to guage a southward direction for five miles or so, then turned on the SatNav hoping it would take me round the blockage. Fortunately it did, bringing me into Wakefield from a different direction and only fifteen minutes later than usual. 

Maybe we've got some kind of innate navigation system, like pigeons?

2 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Walking pretty much aimlessly in a new town or city is fucking brilliant. Great opportunity to explore and find wee places most folk don't. I've not been on holiday on my own for a few years but it's one the things I Ioved about it. Just get up in the morning and start wandering. Get back to the hostel and find people to go out and get blootered with. Hang over McDonald's breakfast the next day then repeat.

Went to Valencia a few years ago knowing not really anything about the place. Done exactly this when leaving the hotel and wound up finding some absolutely dirt cheap but excellent wine bars to get absolutely blootered in. Aimless wanderings in foreign places is one of my all time favourite activities. 

+ a thousand on the joys of aimlessly wandering through a new city. I've clocked 15 - 20 miles in a day and have often been disappointed when I come across a landmark or a street that I recognise from earlier. When I first went to Australia though; it took me a couple of weeks to get used to the sun being in the north. Threw me completely for a loop and I was constantly heading off in the exact opposite direction of where I wanted to be. It didn't help that for my entire life, I had thought that if you sailed from the Opera House under the Harbour Bridge and onwards, you'd get to the sea.

On the topic of dropping off the bags and immediately heading out to get blootered; I once met a Welsh couple in Ostend, who had done exactly that. All they knew was that their hotel had a big tree outside it. It was Saturday evening on a bank holiday weekend and their travel agent wouldn't open until Tuesday morning. Also, their travellers' cheques were in the bags and they only had about £15 between them. I imagine they're still there.

8 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

My other half's geography and general sense of direction has always been dreadful. A few years back I was away hillwalking near Crianlarich, so as usual I phoned her to let her know I was heading back down and would be home at whatever time I'd guesstimated at. She says yeah that's fine, I'm going to head to Loch Clunie (near Dunkeld) to take some photos (she was a photographer in those days). 

I descended Stob Binnein, drove back to Forfar, got showered, ordered and ate a kebab and she still wasn't home. It wasn't' until around 11pm I got a panicked phone call from her asking me to look up the nearest petrol station to Dunkeld which would still be open. The following day all became clear. When she'd finished taking photos at Loch Clunie and got back to the junction she'd earlier turned left down, instead of going back to it and simply turning right back to Forfar, she blindly followed Sat nav after pressing the wrong button. She managed to drive through Dunkeld, cross the A9 and didn't realise something was amiss until she got to Griffin Forest just outside Aberfeldy.

She got home at 12:30am, having almost run out of petrol in the middle of nowhere, having driven something like a completely unnecessary additional 107 miles. What's worse is we've travelled those roads frequently in previous trips. 

You sure she wasn't getting pumped?

Another one with both a Mrs and a mother who couldn't find their own arse in the dark if you gave them a map and a torch.

Mother routinely travels by bus when she's in Edinburgh visiting my brother. She must have travelled the exact same route on the exact same bus hundreds of times going from Princes St to my brother's house and back, yet she has absolutely no idea where he lives in relation to other parts of Edinburgh and wouldn't have the first clue how to go about getting there if you removed the dedicated bus service.

Mrs can't go anywhere outside of her own wee toon without the SatNav on. Even if she's done the same 15 minute journey a dozen times she gets into a total panic at the thought of driving it without SatNav. She's another that once she finally memorises one route, she seems to think that is the only possible route to get there. If you blocked the road for some reason, she'd be totally incapable of finding her own way to the destination, even if it meant just cutting left or right down a side-street and then following a perpendicular path. No sense of direction whatsoever. She lives 10 miles outside Edinburgh but has absolutely no idea which cardinal direction it is roughly in even though she travels there 5-10 times per week.

It's utterly bemusing just how completely clueless a lot of women are with this kind of stuff, but I suppose it can't be helped if it's just a quirk of evolution that their brains are hopelessly incapable of envisioning space, distance, and direction in the way that most male brains can.

19 hours ago, greendot said:

If she's anything like mine, when she's driving she lifts her hands up and gestures in the direction and depending on who's sitting in the passangers seat will say it's in their direction or not!

I'm thinking about getting her a pair of wellies to see if helps her tell her left from her right.

Hide contents

logo-jimmy-cricket.png.0d274446e318a547e21d37045682bcc8.png

Is he still alive? Making a possible list for dead pool 2022.

I was staying at a pals in Merchant City once before a lads holiday. I drove me and couple of pals down from Dundee with the wife down and she was to drive the car home.

She turned up at my pals again 2 hours later having made it as far as Braehead.

Either that or she had been away getting pumped