19 year old woman from Lenzie held in Peru over drugs

38 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Of course they did. Absolutely neck deep in the drug scene in Ibiza etc so they knew all about what they were doing. What is happening here is the usual people having a hard job imagining a pretty white girl (not my type but thats the cliche) being capable of doing something bad. If it was two lads having done it no one would even be questioning the mens rea or the extent of their involvement. 

Misread this at first, thought it was a reference to where the guys would have stored the drugs...

On 31/07/2021 at 19:15, Boghead ranter said:

I think the makers know that the story might not be quite kosher, seeing as they state onscreen before every episode, something like 'bear in mind that this documentary is based on the story told by a convicted drugs mule'.

A roundabout way of saying "this is a proven liar scrambling for relevance, so take this wild story with a pinch of salt folks"

On 01/08/2021 at 07:30, throbber said:

I take what she says at face value

On 31/07/2021 at 19:00, throbber said:

Michaela seems as naive/gullible as you can get.

Not that naive, her wee documentary has already changed opinions of her as showcased by you in this thread. You've listened to one side of the story and apparently worked out who was the "dominant" one and who was just taken along as a poor wee lassie. They both knew what they were doing and they both fucked it, they are now both doing very different things to try and get their life back. Michaela has clearly realised what having your face plastered over world news for transporting ching does for your job prospects and thought a wee "clear the air" documentary might help. She's not been too far wrong by the looks of it. 

I actually found it more entertaining scrolling through the earliest pages of this thread whilst watching , and about 15 seconds after reading somebody's posts about hellhole bingo and "why are there always cockroaches in these stories?", the girl starts talking about cockroaches in her cell. 

Edited by Hedgecutter

7 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Of course they did. Absolutely neck deep in the drug scene in Ibiza etc so they knew all about what they were doing. What is happening here is the usual people having a hard job imagining a pretty white girl (not my type but thats the cliche) being capable of doing something bad. If it was two lads having done it no one would even be questioning the mens rea or the extent of their involvement. 

They were into taking pills/coke but that’s very different from being into dealing now isn’t it? Their idea of the drug scene would have been getting off their tits and dancing, they would hardly be interested in the economics of it and the supply chain for it to be claimed they really knew what they were doing.

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Not that naive, her wee documentary has already changed opinions of her as showcased by you in this thread. You've listened to one side of the story and apparently worked out who was the "dominant" one and who was just taken along as a poor wee lassie. They both knew what they were doing and they both fucked it, they are now both doing very different things to try and get their life back. Michaela has clearly realised what having your face plastered over world news for transporting ching does for your job prospects and thought a wee "clear the air" documentary might help. She's not been too far wrong by the looks of it. 

Where do you draw the line at “knew what they were doing”? Do you think they had contacts in Peru and organised the visit themselves? 

What is Melissa doing to get her life back on track? I haven’t heard or seen from her since being arrested but her looks were never held in such high regard. Michaela is vastly over rated, a 6/10 at best.

Just now, throbber said:

They were into taking pills/coke but that’s very different from being into dealing now isn’t it? Their idea of the drug scene would have been getting off their tits and dancing, they would hardly be interested in the economics of it and the supply chain for it to be claimed they really knew what they were doing.

Where do you draw the line at “knew what they were doing”? Do you think they had contacts in Peru and organised the visit themselves? 

The irish one admitted that she was involved in supplying cocaine in bars in Ibiza and the Scottish one plastered pictures of her dealing phone on social media boasting about her activities. Plenty of drug dealers ‘get off their tits’ but are still dealers and make decent money doing it. 
Aye they arent anywhere in the same league as Pablo Escobar but im absolutely baffled as to why you’re so easily taken in by this notion that they had no idea what they were doing? I mean they fucking admitted everything and even cut the drugs before planking it in suitcases. 
I dont believe they arranged it themselves but i’d put my mortgage on someone saying ‘wanna do a run to Peru have a holiday and bring some coke back and we’ll pay you £4k’ and they said yes. 

18 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The irish one admitted that she was involved in supplying cocaine in bars in Ibiza and the Scottish one plastered pictures of her dealing phone on social media boasting about her activities. Plenty of drug dealers ‘get off their tits’ but are still dealers and make decent money doing it. 
Aye they arent anywhere in the same league as Pablo Escobar but im absolutely baffled as to why you’re so easily taken in by this notion that they had no idea what they were doing? I mean they fucking admitted everything and even cut the drugs before planking it in suitcases. 
I dont believe they arranged it themselves but i’d put my mortgage on someone saying ‘wanna do a run to Peru have a holiday and bring some coke back and we’ll pay you £4k’ and they said yes. 

Again there is a huge jump between dealing a bit on the sly in a Spanish party island and rocking up in a South American airport with 11 kg of coke on you - it’s not a natural pattern of offending of either of them were into doing that in the first place. They weren’t on the island that long so I doubt they would have had that much expertise in the area regardless.

it’s your claim that they knew “exactly” what they were doing that doesn’t seem fair to me. They had never been to South America before and had never smuggled drugs through an airport before so they were already in a situation that was completely alien to them. In the scenario you said you’d  put your mortgage on you mentioned “some coke” as well as the holiday and the £4K but you never said anything about the quantity they were getting despite earlier claiming they would have known full well how much they were taking back. Even if the pair of them knew it was going to be 11kg which I hugely doubt, they would  likely have no idea what that would even look like. That and I also think they would have been heavily reassured that the airport staff were corrupt or they didn’t check suitcases etc would have also been a major factor in then really not knowing that they were doing in the slightest. 

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Again there is a huge jump between dealing a bit on the sly in a Spanish party island and rocking up in a South American airport with 11 kg of coke on you - it’s not a natural pattern of offending of either of them were into doing that in the first place. They weren’t on the island that long so I doubt they would have had that much expertise in the area regardless.

it’s your claim that they knew “exactly” what they were doing that doesn’t seem fair to me. They had never been to South America before and had never smuggled drugs through an airport before so they were already in a situation that was completely alien to them. In the scenario you said you’d  put your mortgage on you mentioned “some coke” as well as the holiday and the £4K but you never said anything about the quantity they were getting despite earlier claiming they would have known full well how much they were taking back. Even if the pair of them knew it was going to be 11kg which I hugely doubt, they would  likely have no idea what that would even look like. That and I also think they would have been heavily reassured that the airport staff were corrupt or they didn’t check suitcases etc would have also been a major factor in then really not knowing that they were doing in the slightest. 

Lol im sorry mate, i cant do it anymore, sorry. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

The best part of the documentary is the bit at the start of each episode which says ‘the following is based on the testimony of a convicted drug smuggler’
It should say a convicted drug smuggler and self admitted liar of course.
But the point is there, that’s the Beeb effectively saying we think some of what she is saying now is lies.

Neither of them are going to shag you m8.

"Go to this destination and take these bags with you. Here's some money for your troubles." 

I mean... come on to f**k. It's obvious to anyone whose brain is isn't sitting in a jar on someone's desk. What else is it going to be, Aunt Carolina's birthday present and DHL are just too expensive? 

The only unlucky part of this is that they got caught. 

Edited by Michael W

17 hours ago, throbber said:

What is Melissa doing to get her life back on track? I haven’t heard or seen from her since being arrested but her looks were never held in such high regard. Michaela is vastly over rated, a 6/10 at best.

I don't think they are drug king pins but they knew what they were involved in.

Melissa has apparently started a job in Citizens Advice and apparently lives a quiet life with her dog. She's kept her head down, got a normal job and searched out the quiet life and acknowledged that she herself made some terrible choices. Michaela is plastering her story everywhere, trying to sell a book about it and has now released a documentary in which she looks to palm off blame to as many others as she can. I'm not sure their looks are important here, one is quite clearly a brass necked c**t and the other realises she made a c**t of things. 

On 28/07/2021 at 22:18, Empty It said:

Cokeheads always get over defensive when anything even mildly critical is said about their wee habit.

tbh I've never really been inclined to try the stuff, mainly as I mind reading that it destroys heart tissue on contact. It's a little bit of a Begbie "all they fuckin' chemicals? no fuckin' way" from me considering I was fine with booze and fags for most of my youth, but nah, not for me Clive.

Also mind a friend of mine telling me a guy he worked with bumped about £500 off a bunch of his work colleagues for some coke, bragging about how amazing the gear he could get was, one of the boys had some of it and after a while was like "this is utter shite I'm barely feeling anything". but its not like he could demand a refund from the seller. Having to put up with a bunch of lyle lanley types to feed the coke habit must be shite.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

I know people who have brought personal amount of ganj back from Amsterdam, big time I know but even the thought of that gives me the absolute fear. Could never be me. Weirdly when I did come back from Amsterdam it was bizarre how little security there was, I dunno I expected there to me more for obvious reasons but barely saw any dogs or anything the whole time. 

I've been pulled to the side before when travelling, I think I probably just look anxious because I'm usually fighting off a panic attack at the time. The worst was one time I got pulled and asked what i had in my bag, i had to unpack an xbox 360 on my way to Spain, probably the neekiest I've ever felt in my life. Had it all wrapped up to avoid damage 😂

Edited by SANTAN

My now ex used to always get pulled over at Glasgow Airport to get her bag and person swabbed for traces of drugs. In fairness she did look a bit like she could've been one of the Peru Two.

Spoiler

And aye, was a wid obviously 

Edited by Bert Raccoon

On 28/07/2021 at 22:18, Empty It said:

Cokeheads always get over defensive when anything even mildly critical is said about their wee habit.

The annoying thing is that a quick line in the bogs makes them think they're stone cold sober and ultra controlled, when in reality they're just as pished but jabbering like a demented toad and twice as lairy.

8 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Neither of them are going to shag you m8.

I’m honestly not a fan of either of theirs, I can just empathise with their side of the story a bit more than most due to my own head down arse up approach to life.