Car advice

5 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

We looked at several SUVs before opting for the Tucson. The CX5 was one of them. Cracking looking motors but being petrol, they’re gutsy b*****ds. I believe they were due to bring out a new diesel engined CX5 last year though.

Yeh, I was looking into the fuel economy. TBH we rarely drive on the motorway here and other than visiting my in-laws up in the mountains it'll be used mainly for commuting in the city.

5 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

@Rugster has the CX5. He won't let me drive it 😔 it's a very nice car though.

@Ross. <<<Can't delete!

They do look great. Spacious too!

6 hours ago, sjc said:

Yeh, I was looking into the fuel economy. TBH we rarely drive on the motorway here and other than visiting my in-laws up in the mountains it'll be used mainly for commuting in the city.

They do look great. Spacious too!

The Cx5 is a superb car. Chock full of gadgets great to drive, comfy and spacious. I’d definitely recommend it. 

3 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Can you fit 3 cars seats across the back?

You could using the seatbelt for the middle one I think. No isofix in the middle. Thankfully I’ll never have to do that. Don’t take my word for it though just incase. 

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

You could using the seatbelt for the middle one I think. No isofix in the middle. Thankfully I’ll never have to do that. Don’t take my word for it though just incase. 

They do a Cx9 which looks amazing.  But they don't sell it in the UK.  The p***ks.

Help! My daughter's 2013 Yaris apparently needs a new accelerator throttle body at a cost of 900 plus VAT for the part so about 1400 to get fitted. The accelerator packed in earlier in the week but worked again when I went to tow it home. 

Should I keep the car and pay the price, try and source a part on Ebay, get rid of the car if I can keep the engine warning light off long enough (was on, now not on). 

Horns of a dilemma for someone as tight as me. 

3 minutes ago, HTG said:

Help! My daughter's 2013 Yaris apparently needs a new accelerator throttle body at a cost of 900 plus VAT for the part so about 1400 to get fitted. The accelerator packed in earlier in the week but worked again when I went to tow it home. 

Should I keep the car and pay the price, try and source a part on Ebay, get rid of the car if I can keep the engine warning light off long enough (was on, now not on). 

Start with sourcing a 2nd hand part.

Edited by The_Kincardine

4 minutes ago, HTG said:

Buy her a bus pass.

17 minutes ago, HTG said:

Your daughter's car, you say? I struggle to see why it is your dilemma tbh.

My Nissan Note is going through its annual service and MOT, and got a phone call to say they couldn't change the brake fluid as the nipple had broken off, and they'd have to send off for a new cylinder, but it would pass the MOT without. They haven't quoted a price, but what roughly should I be looking at for parts and labour, and would changing the whole cylinder be necessary? Also should it be covered by a standard extended warranty? Any info would be handy before I haggle, I'm clueless about this and want them to think I'm not.

Just now, welshbairn said:

My Nissan Note is going through its annual service and MOT, and got a phone call to say they couldn't change the brake fluid as the nipple had broken off, and they'd have to send off for a new cylinder, but it would pass the MOT without. They haven't quoted a price, but what roughly should I be looking at for parts and labour, and would changing the whole cylinder be necessary? Also should it be covered by a standard extended warranty? Any info would be handy before I haggle, I'm clueless about this and want them to think I'm not.

Putting off your recommendation until I see the replies to this...

1 hour ago, HTG said:

You definitely need to shop around. What about this one?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lovey-AUTO-22030-21030-2203021030-Throttle-Assembly/dp/B07PCRR3LQ/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=yaris+throttle+body&qid=1579277362&s=automotive&sr=1-4

2 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Cheers. As luck would have it she got a £50 Amazon voucher yesterday. 

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

Putting off your recommendation until I see the replies to this...

5 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

They're not that expensive, £100 P&L maybe.

That said I don't know what they mean by nipple on a master cylinder. Calipers have nipples for bleeding brake fluid, the master cylinder just has the connections for the brake lines.

Think the girl who told me on the phone got a bit confused, one of the wheel's bleed nipple snapped and it will need a new wheel cylinder, but not for 2 years till the next brake fluid change, the other 3 wheels are fine. £210 to pay in 2022 was the quote. Apart from that, rear window wiper needed changing, that's it, not bad for 2012 reg.

2 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Ah my mistake, wrong cylinder.

Tbh you'd be as well getting the whole caliper replaced, it won't be a lot more than that.

I thought the same as you after googling it, thought they were taking the pish.

43 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Ah my mistake, wrong cylinder.

Tbh you'd be as well getting the whole caliper replaced, it won't be a lot more than that.

He maybe has drum brakes so itll be wheel cylinders and not calipers.