Car advice

If it's got stop start those systems destroy batteries. I've got one on an astra similar thing it struggled like f**k to start battery check and it was only just out yet it caused massive problems. 

Starting a car engine causes the biggest stress on batteries and if they are doing 30 to 40 times more often than a regular system the component fails quickly. Oh and they can be expensive as it is a special type of battery a traditional type won't hack it. 

5 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I would if the garages around town were open 😞

Do you know anyone with a basic knowledge of cars? It's pretty easy to assess a broken spring, any more than an inch off the end and I'd be very wary of driving tbh, if it's broken in half, which is rare you're definitely taking a chance with your life.

2 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

E6E6F579-A758-4F4E-8C71-86038615CFEA.thumb.jpeg.e5097342213569df809e5408a61652f8.jpeg

That needs a small repair then painted. Protected no claims?

It's superficial, the bumper can't corrode its plastic so you can leave it as long as you like like that. Only issue you may have is if the bolt into the wing has removed any paint  there, the moisture will get in and it may start to corrode the wing. If you're not going through insurance what's your price level, bearing in mind you get what you pay for?

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

That needs a small repair then painted. Protected no claims?

It's superficial, the bumper can't corrode its plastic so you can leave it as long as you like like that. Only issue you may have is if the bolt into the wing has removed any paint  there, the moisture will get in and it may start to corrode the wing. If you're not going through insurance what's your price level, bearing in mind you get what you pay for?

Cheers. I have no idea what it would cost really? Would rather not go through insurance if possible. Yeah I don’t think it’s something that would need to be done urgently but it’s PCP so will need to get it fixed before handing it back I’m assuming.

8 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Cheers. I have no idea what it would cost really? Would rather not go through insurance if possible. Yeah I don’t think it’s something that would need to be done urgently but it’s PCP so will need to get it fixed before handing it back I’m assuming.

You're better to get it fixed, probably nearer the time to hand over as they'll charge you over the odds to di it themselves. There are plenty places to get it done, ranging from Peter the Pole at Tulloch Works(he's pretty shite) for around £80-£100, RossCo who are a slight step up for say £100-£150, to the better places that will give you 3 year guarantees like Elder and Paton, Cameron's and L & I Eaton £150+.

PCP? I'd hang off and get Peter to basically hide it for when you hand it back, it won't be pretty but it'll do a job.

Wife has a fairly new diesel A1. Lately it’s been a wee bit temperamental on starting, like its struggling with a flat battery.
Thought that with it now sitting about doing nothing I’d better put a trickle charger on it so if it was needed we could actually use it. But the charger says the battery is in good health and it’s not needing topped up. Any ideas? 
A diesel, have you had the particle filter checked?
Lass at my work got one a couple of months ago and about a month down the line was struggling to start and then stopped completely.
Turns out that whilst at garage it was taken for short test runs by potential buyers and the particle filter was clogged from all the short journeys (well, was the reason she said the mechanic gave. Not 100% sure if this can be a thing)

4 hours ago, tree house tam said:

You're better to get it fixed, probably nearer the time to hand over as they'll charge you over the odds to di it themselves. There are plenty places to get it done, ranging from Peter the Pole at Tulloch Works(he's pretty shite) for around £80-£100, RossCo who are a slight step up for say £100-£150, to the better places that will give you 3 year guarantees like Elder and Paton, Cameron's and L & I Eaton £150+.

PCP? I'd hang off and get Peter to basically hide it for when you hand it back, it won't be pretty but it'll do a job.

Excellent news, much cheaper than I expected. I’ll be getting Peter the Pole to do it before the end of my deal.

1 hour ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Excellent news, much cheaper than I expected. I’ll be getting Peter the Pole to do it before the end of my deal.

Up to yourself but be wary that when the PCP company take it back, they expect any body repairs to be of a very high standard. 
Worst case scenario is that you pay for a cheap repair and then get charged by PCP mob for them to redo the repair and they will not be cheap. 
How about a local Smart repair guy ? 
Maybe a bit more expensive but should be a good job especially on plastic. 

A diesel, have you had the particle filter checked?
Lass at my work got one a couple of months ago and about a month down the line was struggling to start and then stopped completely.
Turns out that whilst at garage it was taken for short test runs by potential buyers and the particle filter was clogged from all the short journeys (well, was the reason she said the mechanic gave. Not 100% sure if this can be a thing)
It definitely is a thing, I spend half my working life bombing up and down the motorway in the Seat Ibiza diesels that the Glasgow Council home helps use. They only travel short distances between clients and the DPFs clog up all the time, they have to get very hot to burn off the accumulated soot. Usually a warning light would come on to let you know the DPF was sooting up though.

I'm still driving with my car rattling over bumps on the road and when I turn right. Theres a shuddering noise and it's a rough ride! Anyone know if this is anything to be concerned about (pic below) 
20200424_153758.thumb.jpg.9be740e12a50f7890c381a957ad19260.jpg
Is this bit attached to anything? It looks like it's floating in mid air in your pic?20200424_181549.jpg

23 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I'm still driving with my car rattling over bumps on the road and when I turn right. Theres a shuddering noise and it's a rough ride! Anyone know if this is anything to be concerned about (pic below) 

20200424_153758.jpg

Nay you’re fine.  Just take it on a long drive after nightfall, it will sort itself out.

25 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

You can get anywhere in the world by only driving straight on or turning left, just takes a bit longer. Be patient.