Youth Teams Discussion.

Enigma

His maw is a plastic paddy. Often see her piping up on Twitter.

Albania you could 100% understand if he wanted to play for them.  But these plastic paddies declaring for Ireland because they support Celtic and their granny went to Donegal on holiday in the 60s will never be anything but utter cringe.

52 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Albania you could 100% understand if he wanted to play for them.  But these plastic paddies declaring for Ireland because they support Celtic and their granny went to Donegal on holiday in the 60s will never be anything but utter cringe.

Big team found lol

1 hour ago, Jives Miguel said:

His Gran (on his Mum’s side) was Irish so I don’t see how she is a “plastic paddy” tbh. 

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

His Gran (on his Mum’s side) was Irish so I don’t see how she is a “plastic paddy” tbh. 

It's a sellick thing rather than an Irish thing. At my secondary school I was one of only a half dozen Scotland fans in the year. The rest were ardent Ireland fans due to their collective stauner for persecution and othering themselves. 

Bunch of weirdos.

4 minutes ago, velo army said:

It's a sellick thing rather than an Irish thing. At my secondary school I was one of only a half dozen Scotland fans in the year. The rest were ardent Ireland fans due to their collective stauner for persecution and othering themselves. 

Bunch of weirdos.

I get that part, but that’s obviously different to someone with a genuine recent family connection to Ireland. 

6 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I get that part, but that’s obviously different to someone with a genuine recent family connection to Ireland. 

Wanting to play for another nation is just a strange concept to most people born and raised in this country. I imagine a high number of posters on this forum will have grandparents from another country - I do myself. I do have an affinity towards that nationality but would only choose to play for them if there was no chance of playing for Scotland - sort of in a David Wotherspoon & Scott Arfield way. The desperation from some ‘Celtic-minded’ people in Scotland to play for Ireland because of one grandparent is just a bit bizarre tbh. 

Take Declan Rice and Jack Grealish - these guys are clearly English and they jumped at the chance to represent the nation of their birth when they came calling. Contrast that to James McCarthy and Aiden McGeady. 

It’s a discussion that’s been done to death tbh and it’s a mindset I’ll ever understand, having not been brought up in the west of Scotland.

14 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Wanting to play for another nation is just a strange concept to most people born and raised in this country. I imagine a high number of posters on this forum will have grandparents from another country - I do myself. I do have an affinity towards that nationality but would only choose to play for them if there was no chance of playing for Scotland - sort of in a David Wotherspoon & Scott Arfield way. The desperation from some ‘Celtic-minded’ people in Scotland to play for Ireland because of one grandparent is just a bit bizarre tbh. 

Take Declan Rice and Jack Grealish - these guys are clearly English and they jumped at the chance to represent the nation of their birth when they came calling. Contrast that to James McCarthy and Aiden McGeady. 

It’s a discussion that’s been done to death tbh and it’s a mindset I’ll ever understand, having not been brought up in the west of Scotland.

Especially if you grow up here go to school here your familly and your friends are all Scottish the team you come though it is supposed to be Scottish only thing is with him being a immigrants child he has decided to play for Ireland cos he is signef for Celtic and he has bought into the club was formed for the Catholic poor

Edited by General dissaray

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of young lads live on the telly just now. TNT Sports 1 coverage of the Man Utd Vs Bayern Munich UEFA Youth League game.

We have, for Man Utd, centre half Louis Jackson and Malachi Sharpe, who's playing on the right hand side of a front three. Both capped for Scotland U-19

Edited by Christophe

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Scotland Vs Kazakhstan on now on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/live/UcIitHUtSLM?si=NLOMpFt4GQ5KvEwL

Edit: stoater of a goal for Josh Doig!

2-0.

Watched a bit of this and Scotland have been excellent tbf. Doig has looked really good down the left.

4 minutes ago, afca32 said:

I know it's not the done thing to talk up a Scot Gemmill side but we look really good here. Very impressed with Bowie. And to think Doak is injured!

Must say I’ve been impressed with Bowie every time I’ve seen him. Tall and powerful but seems to have decent technique to go with it.  

8 minutes ago, afca32 said:

I know it's not the done thing to talk up a Scot Gemmill side but we look really good here. Very impressed with Bowie. And to think Doak is injured!

Yeah this looks like a fresh (and better) approach - full of intensity and pressure 

23 minutes ago, afca32 said:

14 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Yeah this looks like a fresh (and better) approach - full of intensity and pressure 

I think a lot can be attributed to the fact that the majority of this team are playing regular first team football at club level as well, you can tell there are a lot of players out there playing with a good deal of confidence.

We've also done a very good job of exploiting the flanks, Doig in particular is getting a lot of joy down his side, while Bowie has been a constant menace both on the right and centrally.  He's a player I've been impressed with for some time, I hope his next loan move (assuming he doesn't break into the Fulham first team squad next season) is at a higher level.

Also been very impressed with our midfield, Connor Barron is such an intelligent player, while Lewis Fiorini looks sharp, especially given the injury problems he's had.

I just hope we continue in the same vein second half, often we've had a good first half and assumed job done and sat back second half, given the momentum I'd love us to keep going and maybe add to the scoreline.