Worst Town In Scotland

I'm Brian

Nah mate its not that one, the shops are on the inside of the square in like a I```I shape facing the road with garages at the back, its driving me round the bend, thought it was Minto Crescent in Glenrothes for a second but its no, had a wee chinese, hairdressers, bakers etc, surely someone in Fife knows what place im speaking about, the place was crawling with jakeys and I was genuinely shitting myself taking measures up the stairs at the flats, think people thought I was with the Polis or something sleuthing about.

Glad to see after going through the 10 pages not even one mention of Arbroath!! :lol:

Blackhall Road, Kelty or Craigie Street Ballingry?

Lochgelly's some place, and so is Drongan, they'd be my two worst and I've been to pretty much every town in Scotland.

Fife and Ayrshire always struck me as remarkably similar.

Both on the arse end of big cities, both have similar sounding accents and both are full of hick towns stuck in the 1970's.

New Cumnock absolutely pishes all over Drongan in terms of shiteness TBF.

Fallin is not too bad although Stirling Centre within walking distance?! That's a fair trek!

Not for the young 'uns, surely? Must only be about a mile.

Plean's a different matter, although I sometimes used to walk back to Stirling from there after the last bus had left. The A9's not a great journey on foot in the dark!

I'd rate High Valleyfield as being a lot more depressing than Plean or Fallin for that part of Scotland and it's hidden away enough that people visiting Culross are usually blissfully unaware of what lies just over the hill.

The weird thing about it is that it isn't really a hole if you just walked about the streets. The outsides of the houses, albeit almost identical, and the gardens are normally tidy etc. It's the people of it and the incredibly strong sense of "I'm fae Valleyfield!" and "Ha, you got a credit at Standard Grade you loser". Just don't tell them you're from Oakley. Edited by Hedgecutter

Fort Willam...before I ever went I had an image of picture postcard Scotland , Turned out to be Yoker in the 80s!

I don't mind the traditional shiteholes of Scotland. The Methils, Lochgilpheads and Cumnocks. It's places that rake in the money and still manage to be shiteholes that get me. Fort William is the shining example. Brodick and Kirkwall are right up there too. The first time I went to Arran I thought Brodick was going to be a great wee town with nice beer gardens and the like. It was shite.

There was one wee place that was horrible no far from Dunfermline I think cant mind the name of it, had a wee shopping bit that was in a square horseshoe shape in the centre with these flats on the top, was measuring them one week and the next week they were in the news for some massive drug bust.... did 100s of them in the deepest darkest places in Fife, right strange wee places like Ballingry/Cardenden/Lochgelly/Oakley where you go from driving through lovely countryside to wee horrible schemes full of jakeys. Its a right strange place Fife, St Andrews is tremendous however.

I could be very wrong but are you referring to the shitehole that is the Glenwood Centre in Glenrothes? If so it has H&M Bakers, Chinese, Hairdressers, Launderette and even a Coral too I think. Garages round the back and some no very braw flats to put it nicely. If this is not the right place then apologies to anyone that happens to live there. :lol::P

I don't mind the traditional shiteholes of Scotland. The Methils, Lochgilpheads and Cumnocks. It's places that rake in the money and still manage to be shiteholes that get me. Fort William is the shining example. Brodick and Kirkwall are right up there too. The first time I went to Arran I thought Brodick was going to be a great wee town with nice beer gardens and the like. It was shite.

Same thing with me when I stopped off in Stornoway on the way to the Faroes - I imagined it was going to be a bigger version of the likes of Portree, but it's a right bleak, dismal place.

Still no idea what they were thinking of with Fort William - you go through mile upon mile of stunning country to get to something that looks like a scaled down version of Cumbernauld town centre...

fort-william-tweedale-hou.jpg

They've been in the middle of pulling it down for about seven years now. Although in fairness I think there is something actually happening with it now

Fraserburgh. It's always Fraserburgh, every time a thread like this comes up it's Fraserburgh.

This is correct

Fraserburgh is terrible, but Peterhead is equally awful

I.m thinking of walking the Formartine and Buchan way this year which ends in Fraserburgh. Is it really that bad?

I went on a Sunday and the only things open were off sales and pubs. Most of the shops had boards up where glass should be - and I don't mean the shops that were shut. One of the boards had a brown substance smeared all over it but the shop was open and selling cheap booze regardless. It had been raining previous to my arrival and when I got off the bus, the sun was out and steam was rising eerily from the pavements, which in itself isn't a dodgy thing but it just added to the overwhelming sense of depression that hung over the place. The longer I was there the worse I felt in myself. It was only when I was nearly home in Aberdeen that I started to cheer up (in Aberdeen!).

It also remains the only place I have ever been searched for weapons going in to a football match.