Worst Town In Scotland

I'm Brian

I think living in a reasonably decent town/village with relatively few facilities (shops, pubs/clubs, restaurants etc) such as Montrose would be much worse than living in the likes run of the mill larger town with a few grim areas.

Edited by Fudge

Worst places I have been to are Rigside, Whitecross and Tarbrax. God knows why anyone would stay in any of them.

" Charming 3 Bedroom Mid-terraced cottage enjoying a peaceful location within the rural hamlet of Tarbrax."....................................is economical with the truth?

Gentlemen,

I give you,

Denny.

_49160123_denny.jpg

carbunclenomination_299.jpg

The front and back view of the town centre.

It's where the local shops, hairdressers, barbers, mp , police station and Celtic pubs are all packed into one place.

Those luxury flats you see with the rustic 1970's look ( were ) home to the towns junkies and deviants. I say were because those flats have now since been knocked down which is a slight improvement.

Denny was voted Scotland's worst town last year...

Two most important features of Denny should you ever find yourself there is the wallet emptying petrol station and 4 exit roads to pick upon your escape.

Denny, the only place I've known to consider a levelling of its town centre to be an improvement.

Gentlemen,

I give you,

Denny.

_49160123_denny.jpg

carbunclenomination_299.jpg

The front and back view of the town centre.

It's where the local shops, hairdressers, barbers, mp , police station and Celtic pubs are all packed into one place.

Those luxury flats you see with the rustic 1970's look ( were ) home to the towns junkies and deviants. I say were because those flats have now since been knocked down which is a slight improvement.

Denny was voted Scotland's worst town last year...

Two most important features of Denny should you ever find yourself there is the wallet emptying petrol station and 4 exit roads to pick upon your escape.

Denny, the only place I've known to consider a levelling of its town centre to be an improvement.

Is this where you live?

The worst places to live are schemes either within cities or on the outskirts (Possilpark, Parkhead, Ferguslie, Niddrie) or shitey inbred villages in the arse end of nowhere with no escape (Fallin, High Valleyfield, Merkinch, Shortlees, Newton Stewart, etc).

Missed out the wonders of the Highlands, Wick, Alness, Invergordon......

Glenrothes.

I take it you haven't been to Methil?

Kilmarnock is not that bad, Glenrothes, East Kilbride and Cumbernauld are way ahead in the worst places you could live stakes.

Interesting how all these places you named are new towns. They places would have been fine to live in 40-50 years ago, but decline in industry, lack of investment and not taking increasing car use into account has led to their decline.

As with a lot of towns ( in Ayrshire anyway ) Kilmarnock seems to struggle due the local council wanting to charge people an arm and a leg to park in the main street or local area.............and driving people away.

That problem exists throughout the UK. There needs to be more incentive to go to town centres beyond just spending money.

Edited by Fotbawmad

Ardrossan and Saltcoats are much grimmer places than Kilmarnock. I work in Killie and by and large its ok, a bit dull but that pretty much describes every provincial town in Scotland.

Nowt wrong with East Kilbride either, the shopping centre has seen better days but its a decent place to live.