Fallout 4

Goran

Instead of a roof, build flooring on top of your walls, and leave an empty square to put a ladder on. Then you can just build walls onto the second storey like you did with the first. There's a limit on how high you can go, but anything behind three or four floors is probably overkill anyway, unless you're going to build a floor for each settler. And you can stick 20 beds on the floor outside and they're all just as happy, so f**k 'em :P

I don't think the stores sell your workshop gear; put it this way, I've never returned to a settlement to discover that any unusual weapons/armour I've been storing have disappeared. I think they just keep their own small set of standard stock (none of which is ever worth buying). And yes, you'll find a regular stack of caps in the 'Misc' section (I think) of your workbench, which I think is automatically added to your personal total when you buy gear from traders elsewhere. I remember buying the Big Boy from the weapons seller in Diamond City, which isn't connected to the trading route, when I only had 800 caps in my inventory. When I opened the trading window with him, my total jumped up to over 6000 :)

I was trying to be a good guy and keep a roof over their head

Found the caps, only 400 but I'll make sure to make regular trips. I've got 50k but I don't really spend the,m on anything other than ammo

Worth mentioning that purified water is needed for making vegetable starch, which can be used in place of adhesive. More useful than just drinking it.

Also, if you have an industrial water purifier at your settlement, regular batches of purified water will be placed in your workbench. Unfortunately, you need a body of water to put a purifier in, but a puddle will work at settlements like the Starlight Drive-In.

I went there pre-quest and just offed everyone. Went and done the quest there and it still sends me back to hallucigen but there is nothing there to pick up. I must have picked it up without realising and stored it in a settlement. I think that's it fecked

Probably, if you're on one of the consoles. Bad planning by the developers on that quest.

Here is where I'm at in Fallout, can anyone tell me if I'm a good bit into the main mission or if I've got a loooong way to go?

Ok so I'm with the Institute now, I've met Shaun, the last mission he asked
me to do was to clear some tower, he asked me to tell either the Railroad or the
BOS, I told the Railroad and ended up joining them, when I got to the tower the
Railroad and the BOS were fighting each other, I just stood back and watched it
all until the mission was more or less complete, none of them wanted to
kill me. I then went out and met Shaun on top of the tower roof,
he wants me to go back to the Institute and meet these other guys.

Weapons that are doing well for me just now are the quick action shotgun and
the Night Vision Sniper.

I spend quite a bit exploring but a few times now I've been caught out, I've
found a new place, cleared it out which at times has been heavy going only to
find myself back at that same location for a mission and all the people I killed
are back src="http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/sad.png">

Here is where I'm at in Fallout, can anyone tell me if I'm a good bit into the main mission or if I've got a loooong way to go?

Ok so I'm with the Institute now, I've met Shaun, the last mission he asked

me to do was to clear some tower, he asked me to tell either the Railroad or the

BOS, I told the Railroad and ended up joining them, when I got to the tower the

Railroad and the BOS were fighting each other, I just stood back and watched it

all until the mission was more or less complete, none of them wanted to

kill me. I then went out and met Shaun on top of the tower roof,

he wants me to go back to the Institute and meet these other guys.

Weapons that are doing well for me just now are the quick action shotgun and

the Night Vision Sniper.

I spend quite a bit exploring but a few times now I've been caught out, I've

found a new place, cleared it out which at times has been heavy going only to

find myself back at that same location for a mission and all the people I killed

are back src="http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/sad.png">

3 or 4 missions out from the end I think, longish missions but not many to do.

Does Shaun look different depending on your character?

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

No

Is it possible to initiate quests with your companion? I've just recruited curie as I read up that she has her own particular requests but I don't want to be dragging her round for ages till she decides to start the quest

Yeah, as far as I remember Curie, Cait, Valentine, and McCready all have side quests but you need them to stick around as they only unlock when they reach a certain level of affinity with you.

God knows why I continue with Piper as my companion. She is hopeless in combat and can't carry a lot. Think I just like having a burd around. Will definitely change next time I play to Codsworth. He's useful for slicing up enemies.

I was a friend and ally of the Brotherhood of Steel until I joined up with the Institute. Got fed up with Elder Maxson's tone and Paladin Danse's dry conversations, so I disowned them in the quest were you have to take a radioactive piece of material from an old, pre-war machine thingy in aid of the Institute. Would absolutely love to smash Maxson's baw sack face in with the power fist. Think I'll do that next time I fire it up.

Just found out about Shaun's advanced cancer which is seriously gutting. Strived and struggled all that time to find him, only to discover he's much older than you and hasn't got long to live. Kick in the baws. However, I know already through a spoiler meme on a gaming FB page what choices are involved at the ending, so my mind has been made up for a while what action I'm going to take.

Edited by Mr X

I haven't taken any other companion than Dogmeat so far.

Mainly due to the fact that the Lone Wanderer perk works with him. So I use him as my pack horse.

I installed a mod that turns the Lone Wanderer perk into the Experienced Wanderer. Its tweaked to make it harder to get but it means you can get the benefits even if you have companions.

Well I now have all the achievements and feel lost now. Feel like I've done everything now. Just got to wait for some DLC which I assume there will be.

I hope there is something involving China.

Feel like there might be some sort of DLC involving limited exploration of part of the Capital Wasteland but who knows.

They keep making references to the Mojave desert and NCR as well, could be potential for a DLC set in one of the locations to be fair.

I haven't taken any other companion than Dogmeat so far.

Mainly due to the fact that the Lone Wanderer perk works with him. So I use him as my pack horse.

the lone wanderer works with dogmeat!? Am I the only person this is news to?!