Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that smoke colour will really turn loads of people from yes to no.

not much of the togetherness at this time which is a real chance for Scotland to shine as a united country.

Scotland will never be United now no matter what happens. Atleast if it's a YES the Unionists can still go and stay in the Union and be governed under Westminster, if it's a NO Scottish people will never get to see their fellow Scots run the country.

I'm glad I'm on the right side of the fence, I'm quite glad that I'm a proud Scot and not a shitebag like so many others seem to be, sitting overjoyed that their country is part of this shitty Union because they are too feart to let their fellow Scots take control.

Sad state of affairs, If you had asked me 5 years ago when I was younger and more naive what I thought the outcome of this referendum would be id have bet my life on Scotland taking this chance because I seen us as a passionate patriotic country, now I've gotten older I'm thinking it's gonna be a miracle if we win this thing.

If a YES vote isn't achieved then we may aswell pack it in as a country.

Scotland will never be United now no matter what happens. Atleast if it's a YES the Unionists can still go and stay in the Union and be governed under Westminster, if it's a NO Scottish people will never get to see their fellow Scots run the country.

I'm glad I'm on the right side of the fence, I'm quite glad that I'm a proud Scot and not a shitebag like so many others seem to be, sitting overjoyed that their country is part of this shitty Union because they are too feart to let their fellow Scots take control.

Sad state of affairs, If you had asked me 5 years ago when I was younger and more naive what I thought the outcome of this referendum would be id have bet my life on Scotland taking this chance because I seen us as a passionate patriotic country, now I've gotten older I'm thinking it's gonna be a miracle if we win this thing.

:lol:

Settle down Mel Gibson.

I think that smoke colour will really turn loads of people from yes to no.

Some quality anger on this site - not much of the togetherness at this time which is a real chance for Scotland to shine as a united country. Anything that can be twisted into some anti yes conspiracy is being poured out by.

Relax and enjoy it - the vast majority of people seem able to do that.

Tbh, it is what it is. I'm not going to get my knickers in a twist over some smoke or a few flags.

I say that now. Gimme a few days and I'll be a frothing mess.

Really ? What taxes and export duty and at what level ?

If we vote to remain in the UK, what will the taxation and export duty on Scotch whisky be like after Osborne's next budget?

The uncertainty is just too much for me.

If you had asked me 5 years ago when I was younger and more naive what I thought the outcome of this referendum would be id have bet my life on Scotland taking this chance because I seen us as a passionate patriotic country, now I've gotten older I'm thinking it's gonna be a miracle if we win this thing.

If you'd asked me 5 years ago, I would've been a No voter, or at best undecided. Things change, people change, minds change. Every step forward is worth taking.

Many hardline independence supporters didn't believe that devolution was worth having in 1997 - but where would we be now without it?

If a Yes vote isn't achieved this time, we don't just throw away the increased base of support and the useful campaigning machinery that's been built. We keep going till we win. Then the real work (not of building a country - it's already built - but of ensuring it has good governance) begins.

Whenever a person from outwith the UK asks you about it - even before you've expressed an opinion - they just assume Scotland will be voting Yes in September.

Had a few awkies conversations explaining that the polls suggest otherwise :lol: Tragic.

So far at the Commonwealth Games:

1/Scottish anthem not sung at opening

2/Flags with Saltire one side and Union Flag the other being handed out free (utterly unique, I believe).

3/Red Arrows blue and white smoke changed for red white and blue smoke.

How petty these arseholes are.

I was absolutely delighted that we had the singing of GSTQ and the Union Jack smoke from the Red Arrows - the overt UKi-ness was a huge relief to me. At least nobody can say that this horror show was the work of Nats. It had BT running through it like a stick of rock.

Whenever a person from outwith the UK asks you about it - even before you've expressed an opinion - they just assume Scotland will be voting Yes in September.

Had a few awkies conversations explaining that the polls suggest otherwise :lol: Tragic.

Had this conversation in London a lot, ironically every English person I spoke to said that they wished they had this chance.

If you'd asked me 5 years ago, I would've been a No voter, or at best undecided. Things change, people change, minds change. Every step forward is worth taking.

Many hardline independence supporters didn't believe that devolution was worth having in 1997 - but where would we be now without it?

If a Yes vote isn't achieved this time, we don't just throw away the increased base of support and the useful campaigning machinery that's been built. We keep going till we win. Then the real work (not of building a country - it's already built - but of ensuring it has good governance) begins.

To be honest I was a Bairn and wasn't taking anything else into consideration at the time apart from how much I loved Scotland, stayed in Australia for a while when I was of primary school age and every single day would sit and listen to all my Scotland songs like a sad wee fucker, poor parents having that to put up with that after such a big move. :lol:

But to be totally honest I went into this open minded and not really bothered about the outcome as long as Scotland came out best in the end, but after doing my own research and looking into it it's a heart says YES and head says the same too.

Pissed off I actually invested my time into reading up on it so much so maybe I wouldn't of been as bothered when it turns out to be a NO.

Atleast if I can take any positive from it I'm a lot more interested in politics and it's sort of helped me realise that everyone's opinions can be massively different over the same thing.

I still however can't even understand why people want to vote NO apart from the fact they may be jobless if it's a YES.

What a meltdown :lol:

The No mob now staring reality in the face?

Yip the no mob are scrambling for anything,especially the pettiness of changing the smoke in the red arrows,which doesnt put me up or down

Yes is coming,live with it :)

Yip the no mob are scrambling for anything,especially the pettiness of changing the smoke in the red arrows,which doesnt put me up or down

Yes is coming,live with it :)

Will you be on this sub forum on the 19th regardless of result?

Yip but im in edinburgh on the 18th so might be a bit later on

Super, we will live with this inevitable yes vote then...

:lol:

Archived