Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

7 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

If these figures are truly representative then that's a pretty robust performance by the SNP considering the shit storm 2024 has been thus far.  In P &B terms it's Scotland still in well in it after 80 minutes this Friday night on 31% possession.

Hopefully enough people are now having a right good look at Labour and don't believe what they see or hear.

I think Flynn did well in the 7 way debate, especially on Brexit. There's another leaders debate tonight between Starmer and Sunak on Sky and hopefully they bring up the B word... any mealy mouthed "make Brexit work" or stronger "firm no to joining the single market" from Starmer tonight only helps the Lib Dems across the UK and the LD and SNP in Scotland. 

13 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I think Flynn did well in the 7 way debate, especially on Brexit. There's another leaders debate tonight between Starmer and Sunak on Sky and hopefully they bring up the B word... any mealy mouthed "make Brexit work" or stronger "firm no to joining the single market" from Starmer tonight only helps the Lib Dems across the UK and the LD and SNP in Scotland. 

It won't get mentioned 

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

If these figures are truly representative then that's a pretty robust performance by the SNP considering the shit storm 2024 has been thus far.  In P &B terms it's Scotland still in well in it after 80 minutes this Friday night on 31% possession.

Hopefully enough people are now having a right good look at Labour and don't believe what they see or hear.

Yes it’s encouraging; as @Suspect Device says it could be a rogue poll but it offers a bit of hope nonetheless.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Yes it’s encouraging; as @Suspect Device says it could be a rogue poll but it offers a bit of hope nonetheless.

I thought you’d turned your back on the SNP after they made Kate Forbes deputy first minister. 

Just now, MazzyStar said:

I thought you’d turned your back on the SNP after they made Kate Forbes deputy first minister. 

I resigned from the party and am comfortable with that decision, but looking at the options available a result that returns more SNP MPs than Labour MPs is still the better option.

For me politics has always been about the least worst outcome.

53 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Labour's vote is definitely soft - the SNP need to keep hammering away about the £18billion of cuts to the NHS and the reality thst Labour and the Tories are 2 cheeks of the same arse 

1 hour ago, JS_FFC said:

Does feel like there’s been a bit of a swing back to the SNP

Especially if a certain football team do something over the next 10 days.

13 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Especially if a certain football team do something over the next 10 days.

Surely this incarnation isn't about to be liquidated too?

On 11/06/2024 at 13:43, TheScarf said:

Voters defecting from a Nationalist party to a Tory-lite Unionist party need to be in nursing homes, or have 24 hour care.

Obviously there will be some movement from one to the other bu you can't infer much about direct movements between parties from a poll unless the swings are huge. Apart from anything else, at any given time over 30% are non-voters and many will move between that block and a party preference. I suspect a lot of the fall in SNP and Tory vote shares will be responding to polls as unsure or won't vote rather than saying they'll vote for someone else. You always get a little movement late in campaigns these days and IMO a lot of that is this group making up their minds.

It varies by area and election but the proportion who are on the electoral register but just never vote is an awful lot lower than those who don't turn out for any given election.

Also, it's a certainty that there will be movement between every combination of party, because people are really really weird. For example, in the 2007 election the constituency and regional votes were on the same sheet of paper so you could see how people used both votes. In my constituency every possible combination occurred, including voting for the National Front constituency candidate and the Lib Dems on the list. I can't imagine what that's about.

You can tell from the guys face at the end he thought he was on safe ground interviewing pensioners in Edinburgh and just wasn't prepared for that answer. Sacked in the morning.

7 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Reform above Tories in yougov’s latest effort 

Yet Reform could still end up with no seats, Tories with more than they should and Labour with a landslide and nobody will question FPTP because that's how we've always done it.

Edited by Fullerene

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

Yet Reform could still end up with no seats, Tories with more than they should and Labour with a landslide and nobody will question FPTP because that's how we've always done it.

It's a poor state of affairs when you're left arguing for more fascist representation for a fairer democracy, yet here we are.

On the plus side, it would still be most amusing to see proportional representation doing very little for the Lib Dems; the middle child of British politics.

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

It's a poor state of affairs when you're left arguing for more fascist representation for a fairer democracy, yet here we are.

On the plus side, it would still be most amusing to see proportional representation doing very little for the Lib Dems; the middle child of British politics.

On the contrary PR would be a disaster for Reform.  Suddenly they would have "Hitler was a nice guy" people as their MPs in parliament.  Farage success is entirely about operating in the shadows - i.e. Tufton Street and Question Time.