SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

8 hours ago, RH33 said:

Anyone elses dog eat grass and then regurgitate grass balls?! Apparently grass is just tasty and it's not a sign they need be sick. Which is what I always believed.

Mine does that when she is hungry. Also after she has been sick she sometimes does it. As said above a sign of a sore stomach

On 10/10/2023 at 08:18, 54_and_counting said:

So Basil is having slight separation issues from me and the missus, yesterday when she went to work while i was in work, he attacked the carpet on the stairs to the point he ripped a bit up and attacked the underlay lol

This was while my 18yo son was in his room, Basil clearly forgot about him and panicked cause we weren't in, tbh its a lot of our fault as when we first got him we luckily (or so we thought at the time) had annual leave from our works, i had a week off on two separate occasions in his first 5 weeks with us, so he's pretty much came to his new home with us two being there 

Not really sure how to try sort this for him now, any pointers would be greatly appreciated if anyone had went through same issues before

We practised leaving her alone in a room for a period of time. Gradually increasing the amount of time that we went away. 
Even if we were still in the flat. Just so she knew that even if she was left alone we would eventually come back.

10 hours ago, RH33 said:

Big chunks out Riverside when went for walk today.

IMG-20231011-WA0005.jpeg

Jeez… I looked at that and thought it was a golfer in white troosers’, a dark jumper, and a light blue bunnet trying to hit a wayward tee shot back into play from the water’s edge. 😄

11 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Jeez… I looked at that and thought it was a golfer in white troosers’, a dark jumper, and a light blue bunnet trying to hit a wayward tee shot back into play from the water’s edge. 😄

Two dogs and some coastal erosion @Hedgecutter just needs a have and it would be a joyful post for him.

Out for a good near 5k this morning with Basil, took a new route today (just a bit off one of our other routes) which took me into the heart of lindsayfield

First mistake of the day, not checking the biscuit pocket, only had 2, oh f**k

Next mistake, forgetting lindsayfield is like a fucking retirement community, its my day off but the amount of old people out walking dogs was mental 

Cue basil going off his nut plenty times, i halted the first two with biscuits but after that it was me being a better lookout than the terminator in T2, minute i spied a dug we had to cross road etc lol

Still some laugh though, where we live theres just endless routes for dog walks, its great fun finding new routes with BasilScreenshot_20231012-114301_MapMyRun.thumb.jpg.fd571c2b37f5243cf5b7b2d9e8c0af22.jpg

On 10/10/2023 at 07:18, 54_and_counting said:

So Basil is having slight separation issues from me and the missus, yesterday when she went to work while i was in work, he attacked the carpet on the stairs to the point he ripped a bit up and attacked the underlay lol

This was while my 18yo son was in his room, Basil clearly forgot about him and panicked cause we weren't in, tbh its a lot of our fault as when we first got him we luckily (or so we thought at the time) had annual leave from our works, i had a week off on two separate occasions in his first 5 weeks with us, so he's pretty much came to his new home with us two being there 

Not really sure how to try sort this for him now, any pointers would be greatly appreciated if anyone had went through same issues before

Late to this but as others have said, a radio on low is what we do.

We also got him in a routine that when he sees shoes going on, his first reaction is that he thinks its him going for a walk (fair enough, he's right twice a day) but he instead gets told to go to his bed. On our way out, he gets a couple of biscuits and is told 'you're staying'.

He's accepted that now to the point where if the shoes go on at an odd point in the day he now doesn't even need to be told to go to his bed, he just goes in the expectation of getting a biscuit. Get him in that sort of routine and gradually work upwards from leaving him for a half hour to an hour and onwards - that way he understands that bed+biscuit=a period alone.  Although we wouldn't leave our one for probably any more than about 4 hours on his own. 

And btw, I'd boot the boy's arse. 1 - he didn't feel the need to check on the dog at all? and 2 - the dog got to the point of ripping down to the underlay before he dragged himself out of his wanking chariot to find out what all the noise was about?  

17 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Late to this but as others have said, a radio on low is what we do.

We also got him in a routine that when he sees shoes going on, his first reaction is that he thinks its him going for a walk (fair enough, he's right twice a day) but he instead gets told to go to his bed. On our way out, he gets a couple of biscuits and is told 'you're staying'.

He's accepted that now to the point where if the shoes go on at an odd point in the day he now doesn't even need to be told to go to his bed, he just goes in the expectation of getting a biscuit. Get him in that sort of routine and gradually work upwards from leaving him for a half hour to an hour and onwards - that way he understands that bed+biscuit=a period alone.  Although we wouldn't leave our one for probably any more than about 4 hours on his own. 

And btw, I'd boot the boy's arse. 1 - he didn't feel the need to check on the dog at all? and 2 - the dog got to the point of ripping down to the underlay before he dragged himself out of his wanking chariot to find out what all the noise was about?  

Cheers man, he's been fine since that day so im maybe thinking too much about it, other day he was in himself completely for few hours and just lay on the couch, so im thinking maybe something set him off like a noise outside etc

He's quite good when we leave in that if i dont say walkies then he know he isnt going out, he'll still follow us about the house etc till we leave but no walkies word and no harness on him means he knows he aint going out, 

Boy has been apologetic since then, tbf he does look after him, takes him in his room and does keep him occupied downstairs etc, think he just dropped the ball that day after a late night 🤣🤣🤣

Skye's obviously getting on a bit at 13yo, but is still enjoying good health aside from a bit of stiffness in her back legs. 

The meikle bin was always a nice wee walk we did when we had an afternoon free, and when Skye was able to be off-lead (a full 3 years after adopting her) it was a really fun walk for her with good paths and plenty to sniff and explore. I've not had her up there with Morse and Millie being a bit more challenging to walk on my own, but decided to go for it today. Did think I was going to be bubbling, and she'd be staggering back to the car but she wasn't any worse than on her normal walks.

Got home and she was running up and down the stairs, stamping about wanting fed while Millie went and curled up in her crate (she was running around like a lunatic the entire walk mind).

Millie got spooked when she saw the trig point above us which was quite amusing.

FB_IMG_1697141263739.jpg

20231012_210611.jpg

55 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Where's Morse?! Love that dopy big guy 🤣

He was at work with the OH. Much as I'd have loved to have had all three with me, Morse is so independent-minded (i.e. thick), he's the one most likely to get lost/chase something/run up to people/cause a rammy by winding up other dogs and I'd factored in Skye struggling a lot more than she did.

There is also the fact he is a lazy git, and would probably put in some sort of protest at being made to walk more than a quarter of a mile.

I have promised him that he'll get a wee adventure walk next week when I can dedicate more of my concentration to him. Might even take him and Skye out on Tuesday when Millie is out with the dog walker.

1 hour ago, Rizzo said:

He was at work with the OH. Much as I'd have loved to have had all three with me, Morse is so independent-minded (i.e. thick), he's the one most likely to get lost/chase something/run up to people/cause a rammy by winding up other dogs and I'd factored in Skye struggling a lot more than she did.

There is also the fact he is a lazy git, and would probably put in some sort of protest at being made to walk more than a quarter of a mile.

I have promised him that he'll get a wee adventure walk next week when I can dedicate more of my concentration to him. Might even take him and Skye out on Tuesday when Millie is out with the dog walker.

Poor morse 🤣🤣

But sensible call!

Wife is sleeping on the couch while I watch the boxing/wrestling/soap opera that is youtubers against the love island contestants and listen to some music. I am absolutely making sure Cooper gets his fair share of the fleece blanket and the wife doesn't hog it.

20231014_232426.jpg

The team did their annual Walkies for Parkinsons UK today. 5 miles for each of the dogs and 10 miles for me. I think two of my toenails are about to fall off.

Morse is wondering if we can do a sponsored lie-down next year.

20231015_163245.jpg

20231015_131713.jpg

Edited by Rizzo

1 hour ago, Rizzo said:

The team did their annual Walkies for Parkinsons UK today. 5 miles for each of the dogs and 10 miles for me. I think two of my toenails are about to fall off.

Morse is wondering if we can do a sponsored lie-down next year.

20231015_163245.jpg

20231015_131713.jpg

Shug would happily join morse in such an endeavour!

Labrador has decided standing on my head is best way to wake me up. Did so this morning at 7.15 so got up and let her out. She didn't go out so I told her to go out.

So she stood at bottom step and came back in. 

So you just decided human has slept enough you dopey goofball you didn't need a pee.

12 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Shug would happily join morse in such an endeavour!

Labrador has decided standing on my head is best way to wake me up. Did so this morning at 7.15 so got up and let her out. She didn't go out so I told her to go out.

So she stood at bottom step and came back in. 

So you just decided human has slept enough you dopey goofball you didn't need a pee.

I reckon Skye would probably do that if she could navigate onto the bed in the dark.

She just stamps about the place grunting until one of us gets up.