The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

So in the play-offs, it was Pickled_Herring against Edmund, and madwullie against BWV.  I asked the attendance of the 1950/51 League Cup final... 

I received 3 PMs ... and a text from madwullie. I looked in the rule book to see if I could disqualify madwullie for not sending a PM but sadly I forgot to add that rule to the rule book so his guess stands. 

Anyway, the correct answer was 64,074. 

In the Premiership play-off, Kincardine sent me this PM:

Some huge attendances at Hampden in that period but I'd be surprised if Hibs/Motherwell would attract more than 70,000.

Does that even count as a guess? Again, tempted to disqualify him on a technicality...

Whereas Eednud sent me this PM:

It won’t be as high as the 136,000 plus that saw the beat Dundee in the Scottish Cup Final the next season or the 90,000 plus that watched Dundee beat the original Rangers 3-2 in the next League Cup Final. I’ll say 75,271 then.

Some might call that showing off. Which is almost grounds for a disqualification. Anyway, he's pissed on his chips cos Kincardine was closer. 

So to the SWL play-off. BWV went for 89,532... and Madwullie went for a not-at-all suspicious 65,000... in fact, he felt the need to qualify it with a "Mate I've just looked up that cup final attendance. I swear to god I didn't cheat".... you can draw your own conclusions.... but until the official enquiry is concluded, madwullie stays in the SWL and BWV stays in the BHL. 

Oh, and in Monday's quiz, I defied all my critics and got  a 7.

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu