The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Add my name to the growing list of people complaining that it’s getting tougher.

Knew 1, scored 1.

Quite impressed I got the Bolivia one wrong considering i’ve spent some time in each of the countries mentioned.

2 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

Easy.  Read the book which was shit, knew the palace as read it in a book, knew the stonehaven one, saw the cricket mob play and knew the number.

Weirdo!!

2 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

Easy.  Read the book which was shit, knew the palace as read it in a book, knew the stonehaven one, saw the cricket mob play and knew the number.

Alright smart arse, fair enough.

3 hours ago, The DA said:

This really is getting harder by the week.  Who the hell knows the states making up the UAE never mind the biggest of them? 

<raises hand and smirks>

5/10.  Ah well, at least I got the Emirates question right.

5 minutes ago, Helpma said:

<raises hand and smirks>

5/10.  Ah well, at least I got the Emirates question right.

Just how does anyone know that kind of thing? I'm flummoxed.  Do you pore over maps of the middle east or have you been there on holiday?  Have you been watching Pointless?

I have to admit I have a vast general knowledge. Unfortunately it's all about 20 years out of date.

12 hours ago, The DA said:

Aye, some plooky-faced 23 year-old who spent his gap year jetting around Nepal, Phuket and Australia, sampling the local cuisine and climbing the countries' highest mountains, all in preparation for this feckin quiz.

3 hours ago, The DA said:

Who the hell knows the states making up the UAE never mind the biggest of them?

23 minutes ago, Helpma said:

at least I got the Emirates question right.

16 minutes ago, The DA said:

Just how does anyone know that kind of thing? I'm flummoxed. 

This is the nearest The Quiz Thread will ever get to a Head Scone moment and, given you're one of the highest-scoring posters, makes it all the more surprising and enjoyable.

7/10 for Wed including the Emirates Q.

Edited by The_Kincardine

33 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

This is the nearest The Quiz Thread will ever get to a Head Scone moment and, given you're one of the highest-scoring posters, makes it all the more surprising and enjoyable.

7/10 for Wed including the Emirates Q.

I'm off on a fact-finding mission to the South Seas.  I may be some time.  But 9s and 10s will be mine.

13 minutes ago, The DA said:

I'm off on a fact-finding mission to the South Seas.  I may be some time.  But 9s and 10s will be mine.

Make sure to stop off in Papua New Guinea, always comes in handy.