The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I might knock a quiz together if ever my employer tell me I have to go back to work as will be looking for ways to kill time.

I should have made it a quiz on how to write English sentences. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

3 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Meh, most of the required words are there, what do you expect when I'm hungover?

Fair enough. Although the best time ever to be had was had by @101 @peasy23 @alang1993 @thecaptain 

Couldn't believe it when that stripper arrived lol.

Scores are in and let's tell you. This was a look and see question. I will now highlight the clue words

Playoff #139 coming marching towards you.

2nd Place Playoff

@Arch Stanton i, Churchill died about 2 weeks after my 1st birthday so that would be 25th January 1965. I was also a bit if a numismatist in my youth and had the crown (5 shilling) coin that was minted to commemorate his death and it had the date on it 😀

v

@Silky Si McFly 

Is that Hirohito's signature? I'll say 16th May 1989

Santa Anna Playoff

@German Jag P25 W17 L8 last app: 9th May '20

Will guess at 1st Feb. 1850.

v

@Leeds Saint P20 W6 L14 last app: 5th Oct '19

Having no idea of the signature is making it tricky. 25th December 1703.

Texians Playoff

@NJ2 P21 W12 L9 last app: 21st Apr '20

No idea who’s signature that is so I’m taking a punt on it being ok’ Winnie Churchill’s. He died 24th Jan 1965 (I looked that up, didn’t look at his signature though, so if I’m right but you feel that’s unfair I’ll take my relegation). If it’s no his signature hopefully it was someone who died on the same day.

v

@The Captain P20 W7 L13 last app: 22nd Feb '20*

Nae idea who's signature guess 23/4/1922

Question - dc.png.350aae255de309be6e257e207722209a.png On what date did this person die?

@Arch Stanton thought he knew it with is DNR messages, however, wins his is 4th second place, and for some reason I thought he was a young buck, now I can say auld duffer. @Silky Si McFly canny win in anything in the big league. Time to look for investment of the braincells.

@German Jag cheats and wins, we all love it! @Leeds Saint needs to look up the rules of cheating.

@NJ2 tried to cheat, but ended up shooting himself in the head, beach time for him, while @The Captain going through the stress of in out and now up, well done. I apologies for your weekend.

Sorry for not making yesterday gala @Cardinal Richelieu I ended up wrestling with the tiger....Kids were with Gparents and I made my move.😍     

Edited by SlipperyP

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

I doff my bunnet and fill my pipe in yer honour.

I did laugh when I received your PM, taking all that time for the wrong answer.  It did win, so I doff back. Still got the coins?  My old man was a collector, had hundreds which probably goes into the thousands of pounds worth.  Which my sister has, because I would sell for cheap hookers and dear beer.

As for the coins, there was a brand of fags (can't remember which) when, for the bicentennial of the USA's independence, allowed you to cut the fronts off of packs of 20  and send them in for a free commemorative crown,

My Dad , Uncles and Aunties all coughed up (fnarr fnarr) and once we had the requisite amount, my Dad and I cut off all the pack fronts, bundled them with the 20-odd pence postage and this arrived...

image.png.32bf0a8e289b2af3309b2e6684ad514e.png

Value then...25p

Now...maybe a tenner?

14 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Thanks all, didn't know I was gonna get a score added on my quiz league column. The day just gets better and better! Thanks Cardinal for organising.

We'll see about that.

Ok done....That makes you joining the GRAND SLAM player that have won all cups, apart from POTM.

In the group are;

@Eednud

@Bully Wee Villa

@Tynierose

@Leeds Saint

@pleslie99

@CaspianChris

What a night it would be with this crew....

giphy.gif

nerds.png.76f010cdb933d36b1195c5a0af6f8d7b.png

Edited by SlipperyP