The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

2 hours ago, NJ2 said:

I’m smarter than I though!
I gave you a positive reputation point for your post but remembered I’d given you 1010 already so it has been removed, please don’t think I re-evaluated the quality of the post content. Regards.

Quite right - "regards" is far politer  

7 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

http://quizoftheday.co.uk/1262

Fri 6/10

Holiday here today (made up for New Year being cancelled) so, I did the quiz with my son (7 & 359 days), I knew 6 and handed over to him for the guesses 0/4.  Sacked on the spot.  In other news, during the quiz for some unknown reason he questioned me on...Who is the greatest ever Scottish goalkeeper.eh WTF....put me a little of my stride. 

I gave the answer of Andy Goram as he was very good at Oldham on their plastic pitch.

Now we are watching that Van Hooojdik save.... told him, "yer da would have caught that one, needless corner"

Is it not great to be 8 yo.......

Ten for Friday - guessed Deborah and both Royals. We republicans appear to be operating under a handicap system recently.

Separating identical scores - you do all the work, Slip*, you decide how it happens. It's not like it's life or death, anyway.

Greatest Scottish Keeper? Bobby Ferguson. Just for one save on a famous afternoon at Tynecastle. Better than that Banks save evry cúnt keeps wanking on about.

*And it's appreciated.

4 hours ago, The DA said:

What goalie question?  No one said there would be a goalie question.  

Anyway, the answer would always be the iconic Hamish McAlpine.

Moustache, maybe, but Goalie? Taking penalties doesn't make you a good keeper. Especially if they come off the woodwork and make you look an idiot scrambling to recover like that time at RP...

4 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

reatest Scottish Keeper? Bobby Ferguson. Just for one save on a famous afternoon at Tynecastle. Better than that Banks save evry cúnt keeps wanking on about.

*And it's appreciated.

This shit I love, Bobby did that or, this...  We all know every Scottish person could have saved that "pele:, if he let in it was a soft goal,  I broken 7 fingers at Kirkacly YMCA... 

15 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

If you were an actual old bugger you'd have gone for Bobby Clark..

I’m not proud of it, I’m not happy about it, but old bugger I certainly am. The first keeper I remember for Aberdeen was Tubby Ogston, and undoubtedly Bobby Clark was a great keeper. I saw him play countless times, including a day in March 1970 at Muirton Park, but there is no dispute that Jim Leighton was a better keeper.

49 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

If you were an actual old bugger you'd have gone for Bobby Clark Tubby Ogston..

I see kingjoey has already alluded to this, but I'll just leave it.

Edited by Jacksgranda

1 hour ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Greatest Scottish Keeper? Bobby Ferguson. Just for one save on a famous afternoon at Tynecastle. 

Sure he’s still living in Adelaide. Just realised that not only did I see him playing for Kilmarnock but also Adelaide City.

2 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Moustache, maybe, but Goalie? Taking penalties doesn't make you a good keeper. Especially if they come off the woodwork and make you look an idiot scrambling to recover like that time at RP...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/24/hamish-mcalpine-goalscoring-goalkeeper-ballad-song-dundee-united-raith-rovers#:~:text=He eventually missed more penalties,was saved by Hugh Sproat.