The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

@carpetmonster Team unknown (please inform me who your Scottish team is)  Country - USA

Thanks for joining, you have now been entered into the league, you will start in the 3rd tier (Last Chance Saloon Shootout)

The League - Runs from Mon to Fri, each day a link will be posted by the first person to do the quiz for that day, therefore if you come on to post your score and you are the first for that day out of kindness, stick a link in your post.  Also, say which day you are posting, easier for myself. If you missed a day or two you can catch up using the http://quizoftheday.co.uk/archive/ Your final scores for the week, usually have to be in by midday on Saturday, however I'll remind those folk on a Friday, before I head out to the disco to bed. 

League tables are posted on Thu and Sun.  If you're in the top 3 you will be promoted automatically, coming 4th you're in the playoff, which will be held on that same day.  This is always a well constructed question to the highest standard possible. ;).

Weekly Cup/Diddy Cup - This runs along side the league, you don't need to do anything extra, you will enter this cup if you are in  the top 3 of any league.  Sometimes there is a playoff question, this question is always about football stadium capacities. Diddy Cup is for the 12 worst players in the league.

Random Cup - These cups pop up now and again, which are put together by one of the league members.  At the moment we will be entering the EURO bonus weeks.

It's all rather easy to follow, just remember to keep posting.... gifs are welcome and the unwritten rule @Jacksgranda is not allowed to win anything. apart from the wooden spoon or an  odd Diddy Cup.

Good Luck 

23 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

@carpetmonster Team unknown (please inform me who your Scottish team is)  Country - USA

it is just the national side mate; timezones and lack of coverage mean I lost track of the domestic game quite some time ago. If you need to put a club side, stick in Aberdeen

Thanks for joining, you have now been entered into the league, you will start in the 3rd tier (Last Chance Saloon Shootout)

The League - Runs from Mon to Fri, each day a link will be posted by the first person to do the quiz for that day, therefore if you come on to post your score and you are the first for that day out of kindness, stick a link in your post.  Also, say which day you are posting, easier for myself. If you missed a day or two you can catch up using the http://quizoftheday.co.uk/archive/ Your final scores for the week, usually have to be in by midday on Saturday, however I'll remind those folk on a Friday, before I head out to the disco to bed. 

League tables are posted on Thu and Sun.  If you're in the top 3 you will be promoted automatically, coming 4th you're in the playoff, which will be held on that same day.  This is always a well constructed question to the highest standard possible. ;).

Weekly Cup/Diddy Cup - This runs along side the league, you don't need to do anything extra, you will enter this cup if you are in  the top 3 of any league.  Sometimes there is a playoff question, this question is always about football stadium capacities. Diddy Cup is for the 12 worst players in the league.

Random Cup - These cups pop up now and again, which are put together by one of the league members.  At the moment we will be entering the EURO bonus weeks.

It's all rather easy to follow, just remember to keep posting.... gifs are welcome and the unwritten rule @Jacksgranda is not allowed to win anything. apart from the wooden spoon or an  odd Diddy Cup.

seems a bit harsh. Is it just that he shouldn’t get overexcited at his age and it’s for the best? 

Good Luck 

Cheers! 

The Final League Tables

PFIZER PREMIERSHIP

Sneaking up on the blind side @Leeds Saint powers to his 11th title. The Inferno burns today @Cardinal Richelieu fails to keep the pace.  2nd runners-up for him.

@Arch Stanton @Bully Wee Villa @TheGreenElves playoff for their weekly cup placings.

@MEADOWXI is in the mugs cup.

@The Captain disgrace. @Eednud drop & @peasy23 plop.  They all drop.

@The DA is in the playoff. 

p090624.PNG.954ec7d187a94291c3add804ee84fa2d.PNGPWLeeds.PNG.ee9120c8969183537107a2dfe4eaaa81.PNG

WANNABE CHAMPIONSHIP

Another power finish sees @scottsdad claim his 8th second tier title. @Arthur Orton back in the top.

@D Angelo Barksdale & @German Jag playoff for the last promotion.

@senorsoupe & @specsaver keep it low. @velo army also on the go.

@Ross. is in the playoff.

w090624.PNG.07f331c744af5f7d5c009da8bb7ee2a5.PNGWWScottsdad.PNG.0aa5fe52ecdddd7b616d668487f62fb7.PNG

LAST CHANCE SALOON SHOOTOUT

@kingjoey high fiving Friday for his 7th Diddy title.  New lads (for me anyway) @Claudia Gentile & @carpetmonster go on tour.

@ArmadaleKillie is in the playoff.

@BaSeDG0DSA1NT had serious competition this week.  He secures his 45th wooden spoon. 

l090624.PNG.c2ccb166418ae274fea181808a843288.PNGLWKingjoey.PNG.b00a5b027c8c3be4ea0d25300ac3e47a.PNG

Posted (edited)

THE PLAYOFFS

Playoff 9th June 2024

Wannabe Promotion Playoff

@D Angelo Barksdale  image.png.184744928b47c02c7380bf9acb6bb63b.png v @German Jag  image.png.ee48a1f42c415c814381fb13b138c1c8.png

You 2 have two questions to answer today.  Winner of this question is promoted. Loser goes to the main playoff.  Please answer both questions in the same PM.

Q1 - As the crow flies, how far is it between Hibernian Easter Road to Partick Thistle Firhill. Answers in miles.

Weekly Cup Placing Playoff

@Arch Stanton image.png.184744928b47c02c7380bf9acb6bb63b.png v @Bully Wee Villa  image.png.aaf402ce7012e443ebc7b83c679c743d.png v @TheGreenElves image.png.184744928b47c02c7380bf9acb6bb63b.png

Playing it Short Playoff

@The DA image.png.184744928b47c02c7380bf9acb6bb63b.png v @D Angelo Barksdale  image.png.184744928b47c02c7380bf9acb6bb63b.png or @German Jag  image.png.ee48a1f42c415c814381fb13b138c1c8.png

Hit it Long Playoff

@Ross.  image.png.04f4f65063718a1be60f6af1b25027b3.png v @ArmadaleKillie image.png.184744928b47c02c7380bf9acb6bb63b.png

Main Q - Most passes in a Barclays Premier game, by a single team?

24hrs to get your answer in.  Monday 08;00 TT.

Edited by SlipperyP

Posted (edited)

EURO 2024 BONUS MONTH

It's that time again!  We all need a second team to cheer on in the EUROS.

Each player will be drawn a Euro 2024 country. 

If that country score goals, you get an extra points for that day. 

Sat & Sun games will be added to your Mon score.

Draw will be made in a few minutes.

Roy will draw the Players (41)

Skye will draw the Countries (24).

Once all the countries have been drawn, they will all be put back in the hat.

Good Luck and KEEP ON SCORING!

Edited by SlipperyP

Posted (edited)

The EURO 2024 draw in order of out the hat.

euro.PNG.feb5d326301c41a525a52ae806063d2b.PNG

@NJ2 - Romania  🇷🇴 

@ArmadaleKillie - Turkey  🇹🇷

@Cardinal Richelieu - Slovakia  🇸🇰

@German Jag - Czech Republic  🇨🇿

@Jacksgranda - Spain  🇪🇸

@kingjoey - Hungary  🇭🇺

@Arthur Orton - Georgia  🇬🇪

@SlipperyP - Germany  🇩🇪

@Spring Onion - Netherlands  🇳🇱

@Ronaldo Jeremy - Portugal  🇵🇹

@carpetmonster - Serbia  🇷🇸

@JustOneCornetto - Belgium  🇧🇪

@Arch Stanton - France  🇫🇷

@The Hologram - Scotland  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

@Eednud - Austria  🇦🇹

@TheGreenElves - Albania  🇦🇱

@Bully Wee Villa - Slovenia  🇸🇮

@Duszek - Italy  🇮🇹

@MEADOWXI - Croatia  🇭🇷

@The DA - Poland  🇵🇱

@Snobot - Ukraine  🇺🇦

@peasy23 - England  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

@mathematics - Denmark  🇩🇰

@JamesP_81 - Switzerland  🇨🇭

@velo army - Poland  🇵🇱

@Salvo Montalbano - Hungary  🇭🇺

@senorsoupe - Portugal  🇵🇹

@Leeds Saint - Turkey  🇹🇷

@101 - Slovenia  🇸🇮

@specsaver - Slovakia  🇸🇰

@Claudia Gentile - Switzerland  🇨🇭

@Helpma - Georgia  🇬🇪

@scottsdad - Ukraine  🇺🇦

@BigBo10 - Germany  🇩🇪

@CaspianChris - Denmark 🇩🇰

@D Angelo Barksdale - Albania  🇦🇱

@gkneil - Spain  🇪🇸

@BaSeDG0DSA1NT - Belgium  🇧🇪

@pleslie99 - Austria  🇦🇹

@Ross. - Scotland  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

@The Captain - Croatia  🇭🇷

Edited by SlipperyP

I played for 🇦🇹 for 23 years so an apt pairing. We were shite, they’ll probably be shite in their group so not expecting many bonus points.

Our most decorated quizzer getting bookie’s favourite France for their bonus points. The SFA microwave is working well I see 😉

Normally I’d be delighted to get Germany but since they’ve not had a striker of note since Klose and we’re up first on Friday I’m torn here.

This may change next Saturday.