The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

44 minutes ago, JamieT1314 said:

2/10

Don't be put off. That was solid. I got 2 and didn't know any of them. Would you like to join the league?

Btw, @supermik has until lunchtime to answer the pole vault question or he's relegated from the SWL :(

So, I asked the question "How many times did Sergei Bubka break the pole vault World record". The correct answer was 35 - 18 times for the indoor and 17 times for the outdoor record. 

It's safe to say that everyone enjoyed the question immensely. 

• The Kincardine had never heard of him, and plumped for 18. His opponent, Helpma - had heard of him and knew that he would bump up the bar a couple of nanometres each time... however, his guess was, to put it bluntly, shite... 94... so Kincardine keeps his place in the Premiership.
  • Meanwhile, Johnnydun went for 17 ... which was quite far out, but then again, Supermik never submitted a score... so Johnnydun is promoted to the SWL! Congrats to him. 

1 minute ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

A slightly less pitiful 6/10. I hope you at least got the Irn Bru question right?

Just now, Cardinal Richelieu said:

A slightly less pitiful 6/10. I hope you at least got the Irn Bru question right?

I did, even though I hate the stuff.

I am blaming the destruction to my brain after a night on the swally in the Captain's house, drinking like a jakie and trying to counter Tynieness's cheating.

4 minutes ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

I did, even though I hate the stuff.

I am blaming the destruction to my brain after a night on the swally in the Captain's house, drinking like a jakie and trying to counter Tynieness's cheating.

Do tell!

After the events of Saturday, I am happy to succumb in the playoffs to the mighty Kincardine. :)

And to follow that up with an 8/10 today.  Movie and geography were the fall guys, four of the others were guesses.  If only lottery tickets were on sale in Ab Dabs, I'd be filling my boots tonight!

Usually do this with coffee first thing in morning, however I'm still awake as I have an emergency call from France. They said emergency was a young girl had been scratched by a CAT. Im just back from speaking the girl who was a little embarrassed about her mother.
Anyway 6/10.