The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

38 minutes ago, eckthearab said:

Tie number 3 has finished folks. Dee62 v The Kincardine

Very tight match this one. Both teams winning a half each Dee62 taking the first half 5-4 just edging ahead. Kincy came out fighting second half and despite another good half from Dee62, Kincy edged the second half 6-5 meaning, yup, still all to play for in the replay.
Dee62 10-10 The Kincardine. Replay to be played Monday 6th February.

Home advantage almost giving the diddy Beazer League team a cup shock sensation.  Looking forward to the replay - what's the capacity at your place @The_Kincardine ? Hopefully be able to mount a league challenge next week off the back of some serious gate money. 

It really is a carnival of quizzing. In the league play-off, I asked Livi Lion and Leeds Saint how many countries drive on the left. 

Livi Lion went for 19 and Leeds Saint 32. The correct answer is a slightly surprising 55 so Leeds Saint retains his spot. Unlucky LL!

Tis quite an interesting subject (to a boring person like me). Sweden and Iceland used to be on the left, then changed to the right on "Dagen H" in the Sixties, Samoa went the other way as recently as 2009 and Argentina still commemorates the day they changed over. Oh, and while the UK is left-sided, there's one street they still drive on the right. 

1200px-Savoy-court-drive-right-in.JPG

Just me again folks. 2 more cup tied completed.

Cardinal Richelieu v Whoterosekillie first up.
Cardy the only player not to give scores ft either quiz but not that it would have mattered. Whiterosekillie on form today with a 6 and 7 for a total of 13 with Cardy coming in with a decent 10. So,
Cardinal Richelieu 10-13 Whiterosekillie

Welshbairn v Livi Lion
A good first half for Welshie with a 5 compared to Livi's 3. Tighter second half and the 2 couldn't be kept apart and both scored a decent 5. Final result,
Welshbairn 10-8 Livi Lion

Right gents, several more results are in.
Peasie V Tynieness
Fairly even match but no separate score from Tynieness so no match report [emoji58]
Final score Peasie (4+5) 9-11 Tynieness

Bullyweevilla V Supermike
Nothing departing the teams at HT, solid scoring from both, 5-5 at the break. Second half sees Supermike nick it late on with a winner for 5-4.
Result BWV 9-10 Supermike

Frankie S V Leeds Saint
What a match up here. The fans will be raving about this one for some time to come!! Poor day for defenders as both sets of forwards on fire. 6-6 at half time with the same score repeated second half to take this tie to a replay.
Result Frankie S 12-12 Leeds Saint

Deeman V Dieharddoonhamer
Average first half with nothing much to about about though Dieharddoonhamer took a slim lead into the second half by 4-3. Deeman came out a different side second half and gave Diehard no chance to get into the tie romping it 4-0 to win the tie comfortably in the end.
Result Deeman 7-4 Dieharddoonhamer

That's the scores up to date and still waiting on scores from DeeJ, Marr1, SlipperyP, Cowden0, G-man, Matrix and Scot-free to complete the first round scores.

Here endeth the sermon, please donate generously on her way out [emoji56]

6 minutes ago, eckthearab said:

Right gents, several more results are in.
Peasie V Tynieness
Fairly even match but no separate score from Tynieness so no match report emoji58.png
Final score Peasie (4+5) 9-11 Tynieness

Bullyweevilla V Supermike
Nothing departing the teams at HT, solid scoring from both, 5-5 at the break. Second half sees Supermike nick it late on with a winner for 5-4.
Result BWV 9-10 Supermike

Sorry I'm a fucking moron.  Feel free to deduct three points for fielding an ineligible player.

6 hours ago, dee_62 said:

Home advantage almost giving the diddy Beazer League team a cup shock sensation.  Looking forward to the replay - what's the capacity at your place @The_Kincardine ? Hopefully be able to mount a league challenge next week off the back of some serious gate money. 

Nae luck Dee...it's a stuffy wee ground with a fickle home support so don't expect to head back up the road with your pockets full of Buckinghamshire Bawbees!

6 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

It really is a carnival of quizzing. In the league play-off, I asked Livi Lion and Leeds Saint how many countries drive on the left. 

Livi Lion went for 19 and Leeds Saint 32. The correct answer is a slightly surprising 55 so Leeds Saint retains his spot. Unlucky LL!

Tis quite an interesting subject (to a boring person like me). Sweden and Iceland used to be on the left, then changed to the right on "Dagen H" in the Sixties, Samoa went the other way as recently as 2009 and Argentina still commemorates the day they changed over. Oh, and while the UK is left-sided, there's one street they still drive on the right. 

1200px-Savoy-court-drive-right-in.JPG

Among the many things my most recent ex wife and I argued about was driving on the left with her saying 1. It's a British thing then 2. It's a British empire thing then 3. Well Japan doesn't really count - not that I gloated, of course!

There's a Youtube video about H-Day which is quite good fun and my ex MIL remembers it well and was impressed at how smoothly the whole thing went.

I used to work opposite The Savoy and The American Bar was always an enjoyable spot for a post-work refreshment.  I've heard this thing about Savoy Court before and I remain unconvinced.  Yes, you drive on the right but a. it's a private road and b. there are plenty of one way streets where you can drive on the right and it's also one way.

I suspect the right answer is that it used to be unique but isn't any more.

That's the scores up to date and still waiting on scores from DeeJ, Marr1, SlipperyP, Cowden0, G-man, Matrix and Scot-free to complete the first round scores.

I'm in and quite pleased with my scores tbh

Morning folks, happy Saturday to ye all. Well the first round of the cup rolls on like the juggernaut that it is [emoji585] 2 more scores to update so here they come.

Ross v DeeJ
Perfect first half for Deej with Ross unable to keep up. 7-3 to DeeJ at half time. Closer second half but DeeJ just had too much for Ross and took the second half 5-4.
Result Ross 7-12 DeeJ

Cowden0 v WillieA
The newcomer made a decent fist of it keeping close to Willie, managing to stay level at half time with the score 5-5. Second half remained tight and Cowden0 can feel prou if his efforts on his foray into the cup. But he was pipped with a late winner from Willie who nicked the second half 5-4.
Result Cowden0 9-10 WillieA