The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Only 3 scores left to come in, @Audaces Fortuna Juvat (who has 2 days to catch up on), Neil McCann aficionado @Dee Man and newcomer @Helpma

Just for the newbies, there has to be a deadline (let's call it a quiz window) for posting your league scores ... this is so we can give all teams in the play-off time to answer before the new league starts again on Monday (in reality, Sunday evening). 

Shall we say the quiz window will shut at 3pm on Saturday... does that sound fair?

On 19/04/2017 at 02:02, The_Kincardine said:

I've only been 2x to AD but enjoyed each trip - a much more 'local' and personable place than Dubai which I despise.  How're you enjoying it, bud?

On the quiz...an astonishing (for me) 9/10 and tennis can GTF.

Eased myself into it now and enjoying it immensely, I know what you mean about AD and Dubai - I don't see the attraction in Dubai, and it's so strung out along the SZR that the different districts seem to be miles away from each other.  Learned how to read a race card this year, and I think I'll try my hand at golf after Ramadan - it gets pretty cheap in the summer, almost as if people don't fancy playing outside then!

Anyway, to business:  7/10 for Friday, a nice easy start in local geography and chemical elements are always good for a point.  0/2 for guesswork this time though, and as for the musical instrument ... II thought I knew it, but well cor blimey, every days a learning day, innit?

Friday was a very pleasing 9/10 with the Aussie author supplanting the perennial role of the Aussie sportspersons.

Thursday was a less pleasing 6/10, and two Aussie questions snookered me yet again. Raging that I got Edgar Allan Poe wrong.

I've just handed my notice in at work, so it is with gay abandon that I can update the league tables while I'm supposed to be working. With all results in bar one (Dee Man is probably still trying to figure out the Perth distance question), here are the results of the first three-league season...

In the Premiership, Frankie nicked it on the final day and gains his fourth top gong, with Tynieness scooping 2nd place. Deej and Peasy23 drop down to the Stealers league, and Kincardine finds himself in the play-off. 

1-prem.png.bff9f6a0dfef8da2561a39f57953b9b1.png

Where he'll be playing AFJ who did just enough to secure 3rd place with a late run. Congratulations to Cowden0 and Leeds Saint who both come 1st. Unfortunately, they both have the same score and QD, so how can we decide who goes into the history books as the first ever Stealers Wheel Champion? Why, a play off of course! Meanwhile at the bottom, Gman and SlipperyP drop down to the Beazer and Arabdownunder (three time Premiership champion) finds himself in the playoff. 

2-steal.png.29c5b9ff4dea0219a119769b6b41b4dc.png

And finally, in the BHL, congrats to gkneil who romped the league with a mammoth 35 points. Helpma joins him in the SWL on his debut season, and it's Ross in the play-offs. 

3-beaz.png.dc2c8661e8499996c70347f40f5e0b55.png

Play-off question to follow...

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Only 3 scores left to come in, @Audaces Fortuna Juvat (who has 2 days to catch up on), Neil McCann aficionado @Dee Man and newcomer @Helpma

Just for the newbies, there has to be a deadline (let's call it a quiz window) for posting your league scores ... this is so we can give all teams in the play-off time to answer before the new league starts again on Monday (in reality, Sunday evening). 

Shall we say the quiz window will shut at 3pm on Saturday... does that sound fair?

Apologies for being late - I slept in. Do I need a letter from my mum?

4/10. Gutted I got the Aussie writer wrong as he is the man responsible for my favourite ever saying: "Beer makes you feel how you should feel when you're not drinking beer".

It's time for the play-offs! Six teams in action for your Friday night fixtures...

First up, it's hands across the Irish Sea, as Rangers (The Kincardine) take on Linfield (AFJ). Seldom will the stakes be higher in a meeting between these two clubs ... the prize is a place in The Premiership next season...

Next up, it's rare we have to have a play-off to decide a league champion, but here it. The town of Cowdenbeath finally have something to cheer for as their very own, Cowden0 takes on league stalwart Leeds Saint. 

And finally, for a place in the SWL, it's Australia vs Switzerland. These two teams are currently ranked 50th and 9th in the FIFA world rankings respectively, but you can throw the form book out the window as Arabdownunder has 3 league titles to Ross.'s 0 :)

And here's the question. And it's on the subject of FIFA World Rankings... Qatar were a very fair, reasonable and sensible choice to host the World Cup in 2022. But what is their current FIFA ranking? Closest in each tie wins! PM me your answers by Sunday 5pm please!

Highest score in months and it would have seen me fighting relegation from the top league and holding on for dear life in the second league. über diddies of the world r us.

Play off answer submitted.

Shite. If I'd got 5 on Tuesday instead of 4 I would have stayed up automatically. Still, taking inspiration from Wigan of 2013 where they got relegated but won the cup. 

mon

I think I've found my level. Middle of the middle league. Practically equal points from both playoff spots. There cannot be a more average person than me in this league set up. Chuffed!

Apart from the 3 directly below you.

5 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

I told you to go for the money Cards...

Chortle. To be fair, my new job offer wasn't on the table back then. 

I'll have had 5 different jobs (and a 4 month unemployment spell) within 13 months. If you didn't know any better, you'd put money on me being a Scottish football manager.