The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

52 minutes ago, Eednud said:

5th and final quiz of this league season on the 5th day of the week in the 5th month of the year and it's a 50% or 5/10 for me without getting question 5 correct. Knew Mediterranean geography and ramekin and Willy Wonka director, guessed Aus Sport Min and composer. http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz?quizId=6773&sectionId=1

And you're also 5th in the league. Spooky :)

9 for Friday. Doubt it will be enough to put pressure on the league leader, but happy with that. For once, my guesses on both Aussie sports questions came through. Knew, or was at least fairly confident on, the other 7. Euro bank notes came up in a recent pub quiz - got it wrong on that occasion, but not this time. Got the TV show wrong.

And here is the draw for the Eck the Arab Diddly Dee Jam Jar Trophy for May. 38 teams in action including Eck if he comes back. We'll have to have six 3-way ties to get us down to 16 teams in the next round. The cup quiz will be posted tomorrow, with the ties to be played over the weekend. 
First... the 3 way ties...
  • Eck the Arab vs Peasy23 vs The_Kincardine
  • MSU vs Ross.vs Jagfox99
  • Alang1993 vs pleslie99 vs WILLIEA
  • SlipperyP vs BigBo10 vs Leeds Saint
  • Tynieness vs Swarley vs Dyl
  • Jacksgranda vs Helpma vs Dee_62
And the traditional 2 way ties
  • Eednud vs Dee Man 
  • Supermik vs Gman_1985
  • Scotfree vs Madwullie
  • gkneil vs Audaces Fortuna Juvat
  • Blackislekillie vs irvine_buddie
  • Deej vs Welshbairn
  • Frankie S vs Die Hard Doonhamer
  • Cardinal Richelieu vs Livi Lion
  • Arabdownunder vs WhiteRoseKillie
  • Bully Wee Villa vs Cowden0

With that draw it's unlikely I'll be defending my trophy!
5/10 to finish the week! Allowed the lads a celebratory drink before the match!

5/10 for Thursday. Didn't know any, although fairly sure of penquin island and not quite so sure of famous author. Admiralty House, number of nudes and actress came up trumps  Guessometer back on track.

18 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

5/10 for Thursday. Didn't know any, although fairly sure of penquin island and not quite so sure of famous author. Admiralty House, number of nudes and actress came up trumps  Guessometer back on track.

It's one of my favourite books, by one of my favourite authors. Hopefully I've forgotten enough to go through them again.

12 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Scores and awarding of silverware to follow in a moment, after I've deciphered The_Kincardine's quiz sheet (he's managed to post every question AND answer twice). 

Did I make a horlicks of it?  I was amending my elder daughter's essay on Henry VIII's foreign policy and chatting to my son on FB at the same time.

12 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Pleslie99 - 15 (7+8)

Deej - 10 (5+5)

The_Kincardine - 10 (4+6)

Congrats @pleslie9915 is a terrific score and you're a worthy winner.

9 hours ago, deej said:

It's not all bad, at least we had fun @The_Kincardine

Thanks for the certificate @deejIs this like one of these exams where you get a point for managing to write your name?  It was a pleasure to chat to you over our tie-break question in Eck's absence, though and I hope you get all you deserve in your exams ;)

Out of hospital today after a month. Into convalescence home for couple of weeks hope they're drugs help my quizzing as much as the hospital ones did. Anyway 7/10 for Thursday and 5/10 for Friday. A whole lot of guessing going on.

22 minutes ago, cowden0 said:

Out of hospital today after a month. Into convalescence home for couple of weeks hope they're drugs help my quizzing as much as the hospital ones did. Anyway 7/10 for Thursday and 5/10 for Friday. A whole lot of guessing going on.

Didn't know you'd been unwell.  All the best for a speedy recovery, buddy.

Oh and the sooner you're off those anti-spelling drugs....;)