The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

And down below. Another team gaining their first piece of silverware (well, bronzeware) ... Swarley has been battling since the start of this thread (I think, can't be arsed checking), and he finally brings home something to show the grandkids ... a BHL trophy! Well done to Madwullie who is also promoted. And what's this? Despite being on 5th place - every other c**t bottled it, so I'm in DHD's play off. Go me. 
3-beazer.png.b23a4bc49ff88ea640f69b3256aa1af3.png

giphy.gif

Herrera-3.gif

giphy.gif

mePvR5.gif

tumblr_lrp034Tlly1r2aruco1_250.gif

Proud, very proud. It's moments like this that make being a diddy quizzer worthwhile.

20 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

WTF is ex-Cathedra?

Yes, as it stands, it is 1st best score goes top, 1st worse scores goes bottom, then 2nd top, 2nd bottom etc.

In retrospect, it makes more sense to have the 1st, then 2nd, 3rd etc highest scores go top, but this would require a rewrite of the non-existent rules and ratification by the committee. 

All those in favour / against voice your concerns. Otherwise I'll implement it next season. 

God, how did this all get so complicated?

If you don't know, how are we laymen supposed to figure it out?

The playoff results are in.

I asked how long there was between the first successful expedition to the South Pole and the first summit of Everest.

The South Pole was first reached in December 1911 by an expedition lead by Norwegian explorer Roald Amundsen. Everest was first conquered in May 1953 by Sir Edmund Hillary's expedition, 41 years and 5 months later.

In the Premiership playoff,[mention=30230]Tynieness[/mention] went with 41 years and 3 months, while[mention=46627]Arabdownunder[/mention] had 49 years and 4 months, meaning Tynieness retains his Premiership status.

In the Stealers Wheel playoff,@Ross. guessed 13 years and 3 months, while @Cardinal Richelieu came closest of all with 41 years and 6 months, meaning Ross. is relegated and the Cardinal goes up.

Cheers DHD, I'm not sure how I ended up so close since I thought Amundsen reached the South Pole in 1912, not 1911. Still taking it mind. 

Just a gentle nudge about the cup from a few people... some are probably biding their time / psyching themselves up - others might not be aware that they're in it (or what to do). @eckthearab :( ... @The_Kincardine ... @jagfox99 ... @alang1993 ... @Dyl  ... @Audaces Fortuna Juvat (sending me the answer to the play-off you weren't even doesn't count) ... @blackislekillie .... @irvine_buddie ... @LiviLion ... @deej and @WhiteRoseKilie

So...before Monday lunchtime ... take the following quizzes - then PM me your answers! 

1st Half - http://www.quizwise.com/general-knowledge-quiz/2017-05-01

2nd Half - http://www.quizwise.com/general-knowledge-quiz/2017-05-02

Cheers DHD, I'm not sure how I ended up so close since I thought Amundsen reached the South Pole in 1912, not 1911. Still taking it mind. 
Just a gentle nudge about the cup from a few people... some are probably biding their time / psyching themselves up - others might not be aware that they're in it (or what to do). [mention=62563]eckthearab[/mention] [emoji20] ... [mention=44711]The_Kincardine[/mention] ... [mention=1545]jagfox99[/mention] ... [mention=20423]alang1993[/mention] ... [mention=71806]Dyl[/mention]  ... [mention=45629]Audaces Fortuna Juvat[/mention] (sending me the answer to the play-off you weren't even doesn't count) ... [mention=69456]blackislekillie[/mention] .... [mention=56595]irvine_buddie[/mention] ... [mention=29656]LiviLion[/mention] ... [mention=68615]deej[/mention] and [mention=48748]WhiteRoseKilie[/mention]
So...before Monday lunchtime ... take the following quizzes - then PM me your answers! 

1st Half - http://www.quizwise.com/general-knowledge-quiz/2017-05-01

2nd Half - http://www.quizwise.com/general-knowledge-quiz/2017-05-02

I sent you my quiz scores Cards. I don't mind trying again ;)

6 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Just a gentle nudge about the cup from a few people... some are probably biding their time / psyching themselves up - others might not be aware that they're in it (or what to do). @eckthearab :( ... @The_Kincardine ... @jagfox99 ... @alang1993 ... @Dyl  ... @Audaces Fortuna Juvat (sending me the answer to the play-off you weren't even doesn't count) ... @blackislekillie .... @irvine_buddie ... @LiviLion ... @deej and

I sent you mine on Friday.

9 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I sent you mine on Friday.

A thousand aplologies. Our exchange of pleasantries blinded me to it (and the fact that you were one of the first to post!). Please accept my humblest discombobulations. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu