The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Still a few stragglers to sort our before any of the promotion / relegation / play-off places can be confirmed (except for Alang1993's Premiership victory - that was never in doubt). There's a small chance I might be in the play-offs, in which case someone else might have to post a tie-breaker. 
Just one thing, however, [mention=36704]gkneil[/mention] ... I seem to have your Friday score but not your Thursday. Did you definitely do it or did I miss it? 
In the meantime... it's the First Round of the Eck the Arab Diddly Dee Jam Jar Trophy! It's a chance for minnows to take down heavyweights. For the newbies ... I'll post 2 quizzes ... just take the quiz sometime before Monday lunchtime and PM me your scores / any commentary. Replays will take place during next week. 
1st Half - http://www.quizwise.com/general-knowledge-quiz/2017-05-01
2nd Half - http://www.quizwise.com/general-knowledge-quiz/2017-05-02

Thought I had done Friday's yesterday, 5/10, only got the Beirut question from the first 6 but managed to get the last 4 right.

Lots of scores in, but plenty of time if you've not done it yet (Monday lunchtime). 

Need to chivvy @The_Kincardine (refuses to do it until after the Archers) and @jagfox99 so I can finalise the league tables. Also, since I've found myself in the play-off spot in the BHL, would anyone like to volunteer to ask a question?

Lots of scores in, but plenty of time if you've not done it yet (Monday lunchtime). 
Need to chivvy [mention=44711]The_Kincardine[/mention] (refuses to do it until after the Archers) and [mention=1545]jagfox99[/mention] so I can finalise the league tables. Also, since I've found myself in the play-off spot in the BHL, would anyone like to volunteer to ask a question?

I'll happily sort a question out.

Cheers lads. So here we are ... it's Friday night. Everyone's itching to go out on the razz. The only thing stopping us is the desire see Week 3's final league tables. 

In the Premiership ... Alang1993 shat the bed somewhat on the last day of the season, but there was only going to be one winner. Frankie S a credible second. Down in the nether regions, it's tighter than Rangers' purse-strings, but Tynieness is in the play-offs and AFJ is for the drop alongside Deej - who really must decide whether exams or top-league credibility are more important. 

1-prem.png.7d70cca920d2baf59035716ed785c217.png

In the SWL, Livi Lion holds on to gain the rarest of plaudits, the SWL Silver League Trophy (it's by happy coincidence that Stealers and Beazer match the first letters of silver and bronze so well). Kincardine - buoyed by a particularly riveting episode of the goings-on in Ambridge, manages to gain re-admission to the top league. It's tight for the play-off, but Arabdownunder is fed up of being down under, so lands himself a tie against Tynieness. Jagfox99 and Leeds Saint don't deserve their dinner and Ross. with his annoying full stop is in the play-offs.

2-steal.png.23d9c83951fe2bed63f80741649d328c.png

And down below. Another team gaining their first piece of silverware (well, bronzeware) ... Swarley has been battling since the start of this thread (I think, can't be arsed checking), and he finally brings home something to show the grandkids ... a BHL trophy! Well done to Madwullie who is also promoted. And what's this? Despite being on 5th place - every other c**t bottled it, so I'm in DHD's play off. Go me. 

3-beazer.png.b23a4bc49ff88ea640f69b3256aa1af3.png

So the play off question ... a reminder of the fixtures:

Premiership Status: @Audaces Fortuna Juvat vs @Arabdownunder

Stealer's Wheelship Status: @Ross. vs @Cardinal Richelieu (not quite sure why I need to tag myself)...

Over to you @die hard doonhamer !

Cheers lads. So here we are ... it's Friday night. Everyone's itching to go out on the razz. The only thing stopping us is the desire see Week 3's final league tables. 
In the Premiership ... Alang1993 shat the bed somewhat on the last day of the season, but there was only going to be one winner. Frankie S a credible second. Down in the nether regions, it's tighter than Rangers' purse-strings, but Tynieness is in the play-offs and AFJ is for the drop alongside Deej - who really must decide whether exams or top-league credibility are more important. 
1-prem.png.7d70cca920d2baf59035716ed785c217.png
In the SWL, Livi Lion holds on to gain the rarest of plaudits, the SWL Silver League Trophy (it's by happy coincidence that Stealers and Beazer match the first letters of silver and bronze so well). Kincardine - buoyed by a particularly riveting episode of the goings-on in Ambridge, manages to gain re-admission to the top league. It's tight for the play-off, but Arabdownunder is fed up of being down under, so lands himself a tie against Tynieness. Jagfox99 and Leeds Saint don't deserve their dinner and Ross. with his annoying full stop is in the play-offs.
2-steal.png.23d9c83951fe2bed63f80741649d328c.png
And down below. Another team gaining their first piece of silverware (well, bronzeware) ... Swarley has been battling since the start of this thread (I think, can't be arsed checking), and he finally brings home something to show the grandkids ... a BHL trophy! Well done to Madwullie who is also promoted. And what's this? Despite being on 5th place - every other c**t bottled it, so I'm in DHD's play off. Go me. 
3-beazer.png.b23a4bc49ff88ea640f69b3256aa1af3.png
So the play off question ... a reminder of the fixtures:
Premiership Status: [mention=45629]Audaces Fortuna Juvat[/mention] vs [mention=46627]Arabdownunder[/mention]
Stealer's Wheelship Status: [mention=36343]Ross.[/mention] vs [mention=4857]Cardinal Richelieu[/mention] (not quite sure why I need to tag myself)...
Over to you [mention=7957]die hard doonhamer[/mention] !

And the question is:

2 of the greatest feats of human achievement were the first successful expedition to the South Pole, and the first successful attempt to reach the summit of Mount Everest. How long, in years and months, was there between these two accomplishments?

Answers in the usual timescale please.