The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

13 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

got 5/10 first time trying the quiz great film cat ballou

I believe that was Tuesday's quiz. If you fancy taking Monday's (and the rest of the quizzes each weekday, you're welcome to join the league!). 

Anywhere, here are the latest league tables! Some monster scores over the last couple of days - is the quiz getting easier or are we getting smarter / luckier?

Up top, MSU opens up an early lead over 3 players tied in 2nd. I'm sure WRK won't be in the relegation zone once he posts his score. 

1-prem.png.9471e006c875cbc5de4b0e352daf7364.png

Three teams vying for Gold in the Silver league. Madwullie and Swarley seem to be struggling in the semi-pro league!

2-steal.png.3c028dc4d142128f727969faa3f2209a.png

Jagfox's perfect 10 keeps him top despite a lacklustre score today. Even BWV is vying for promotion, which is proof positive that anything is possible. 

3-bhl.png.1688664005f5a4b20e225b08aba19c2b.png

I believe all the cup play-offs are in so I'll post them this afternoon. It's tight though!

I'm talking shite. Need @Leeds Saint's score before we can post the result. There's some extremely good scores in there, although nobody has got it bang on yet. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

I believe that was Tuesday's quiz. If you fancy taking Monday's (and the rest of the quizzes each weekday, you're welcome to join the league!). 
Anywhere, here are the latest league tables! Some monster scores over the last couple of days - is the quiz getting easier or are we getting smarter / luckier?
Up top, MSU opens up an early lead over 3 players tied in 2nd. I'm sure WRK won't be in the relegation zone once he posts his score. 
Three teams vying for Gold in the Silver league. Madwullie and Swarley seem to be struggling in the semi-pro league!
Jagfox's perfect 10 keeps him top despite a lacklustre score today. Even BWV is vying for promotion, which is proof positive that anything is possible. 
I believe all the cup play-offs are in so I'll post them this afternoon. It's tight though!

Look at all those 9s! Us mere mortals have no chance [emoji23]

So here's your play-off results... how many years, months and days separated Gagarin's first space orbit and Armstrong's first step on the moon. The teams' answers first...

MSU – 8y, 2m, 2d vs Jagfox 10y, 1m, 2d

Supermik – 8y, 4m, 11d vs Gman_1985 – 8y, 9m, 0d

Slippery P – 8y, 2m, 14d vs Leeds Saint 8y, 3m, 11d

The correct answer was 12th April 1961 - 21st July 1969 = 8 years, 2 months 7 days. Slippery P was closest, although I had to ask him twice what his original guess of "8 years, 2 months and 74 days" meant :lol: ... so congrats to MSU, Supermik and Slippery P who progress!

Oh, and Irvine_Buddie went for 8y, 2m, 1d which was also very close… BIK can sun himself in knowledge that he wasn’t put out by a totally terrible guess.

16 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

So here's your play-off results... how many years, months and days separated Gagarin's first space orbit and Armstrong's first step on the moon. The teams' answers first...

The correct answer was 12th April 1961 - 21st July 1969 = 8 years, 2 months 7 days. Slippery P was closest, although I had to ask him twice what his original guess of "8 years, 2 months and 74 days" meant :lol: ... so congrats to MSU, Supermik and Slippery P who progress!

Oh, and Irvine_Buddie went for 8y, 2m, 1d which was also very close… BIK can sun himself in knowledge that he wasn’t put out by a totally terrible guess.

Am I missing something here? 8 years - yep, 2?? months, why not 3, 7?? days, 12th to 21st is 9.

The correct answer was 12th April 1961 - 21st July 1969 = 8 years, 2 months 7 days. Slippery P was closest, although I had to ask him twice what his original guess of "8 years, 2 months and 74 days" meant [emoji38] ... so congrats to MSU, Supermik and Slippery P who progress!

Ffs I only knew the years and guessed the rest. First time since the very first cup, that I've made the second round.

f**k just read the next post, I'm oot[emoji20]

1 minute ago, SlipperyP said:

Ffs I only knew the years and guessed the rest. First time since the very first cup, that I've made the second round.

I've seen the question before and remembered it was around 8 years. Utter jamminess on my part to get so close. I'll take it, tho.

I thought it was longer. Hell of an achievement to go from where they started to safely landing men on the moon and bringing them home in just over 8 years, with a computer the power of a calculator. Even the current missions have computer power far less than a mobile because they have to work fail-safe in extreme environments.

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I'm talking shite. Need @Leeds Saint's score before we can post the result. There's some extremely good scores in there, although nobody has got it bang on yet. 

6/10 for Tuesday for me.