The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

f**k UP ALERT. f**k UP ALERT. 
Seems I've made a minor bish with this one... the record I was looking the US men's record, rather than the world record (which I can't actually seem to find). So I'm looking for the American 100km walk record (which may well be the world record)... 
Doubt it will make much difference to your answer, but I'll let you re-submit if you like. 

soccer-stretcher-fail_o_736374.gif

51 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

f**k UP ALERT. f**k UP ALERT. 

Seems I've made a minor bish with this one... the record I was looking the US men's record, rather than the world record (which I can't actually seem to find). So I'm looking for the American 100km walk record (which may well be the world record)... 

Doubt it will make much difference to your answer, but I'll let you re-submit if you like. 

I'll leave my answer as it is. My logic remains sound, IMO.

I've actually made another f**k-up with the world record play-off question, but I'll not tell you about it until gkneil has submitted his answer for the American record for the 100km. 

In the meantime, it's time for the cup. Here's a reminder of the draw - now with added accuracy!

• Eednud vs Help_ma
  • Deej vs Alang1993
  • Audaces Fortuna Juvet vs Frankie S
  • MSU vs Leeds Saint

And here it is... normal format... 2 halves .. PM your score before Monday lunchtime. If you're not in the cup, feel free to post your scores but nae spoilers. 

http://www.quizwise.com/general-knowledge-quiz/2017-05-18 (ignore the spelling mistake in Q1 - nowt to do with me!)

http://www.quizwise.com/general-knowledge-quiz/2017-05-19

Just to give you a score to aim for ... 5+5=10 for me....

3 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

In the SWL, hearty confabulations to Kincardine who despite being in the league since its inception - has managed to scoop his first trophy. 

Pfffft.  Diddy league and meaningless competition.  No bothered.

Spoiler

partick.thumb.jpg.a79f322c9610b2fa0511a84c90592893.jpg

Cheers Jaggy... right - that's Week 5 of the New League done and dusted. And what an exciting league it's been. New names on the silverware, a new team, and a disbelief that Alang1993 managed to be in 2nd place throughout the week then get a 0 on the last day and Hibs it. Kudos.
So in the Premiership, Congrats to pleslie99 who ends up winning the league with aplomb. As current cup champion as well, is there a new force to be reckoned with? Frankie S scoops his 7th 2nd place - a record in itself. Down below, Tynieness gets his first taste of relegation alongside Eednud - with WRK narrowly avoiding the play-offs via QD (or rather new QD) ... Peasy23 will play-off instead. 
1-prem.png.5cb0fd34251f03dbf2f3d30a75fb6f51.png
In the SWL, hearty confabulations to Kincardine who despite being in the league since its inception - has managed to scoop his first trophy. Well done, too, to Helpma who has achieved his lifetime ambition (I'm guessing here) of playing top-flight football next season. Gkneil is in the play-offs. It's a sorry tale at the other end of the league, so pathetic scoring from Livi Lion and me consigns us to the dustbin league. Leeds Saint is in the play-off...
2-steal.png.d5b49777381304d1555f50da5c57720e.png
But it's down in the BHL that the real excitement lies. Both madwullie and SlipperyP are promoted, but there can only be one champion. Again, there'll be a new name on the trophy this evening (if all the answers come in by this evening). So they'll need to answer the play-off question to decide the champion. Ross. is in the play-offs to get promoted. And a warm welcome to Johnnydun ... unbelievably, the beaks made him play all 5 fixtures one after the other, so it's no wonder that his first week in the league wasn't a successful one. 
3-bhl.png.9b401a1a1ac6829e3f2aff9b0b65d19a.png
So here are the play-off fixtures...
  • [mention=24957]peasy23[/mention] vs [mention=36704]gkneil[/mention]
  • [mention=2439]Leeds Saint[/mention] vs [mention=36343]Ross.[/mention]
  • [mention=10577]madwullie[/mention] vs [mention=29470]SlipperyP[/mention]
And the question is a simple one... what's the US record for the Men's 100km walk in athletics?

Well there's hope for us all! I'd like to thank my guessometer who worked overtime and went above and beyond to help me achieve this feat! There's only one way to go now...............

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

1 hour ago, blackislekillie said:

5 + 5 for me.

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Same here

You're all shite, 5+6 = 11. :smartass

I phoned the owner of a Dutch footballing forum today to ask if their quiz thread would like to break away and form a Mid-Atlantic league with our 3rd Division but he just asked me what the f**k I was talking about and hung up on me.

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

I phoned the owner of a Dutch footballing forum today to ask if their quiz thread would like to break away and form a Mid-Atlantic league with our 3rd Division but he just asked me what the f**k I was talking about and hung up on me.

Your mistake was talking to the Dutch, they are fluent in English and have no sense of humour or adventure. Find a Belgian one, they'll be confused, think a bit, and say why not? My studies of Tintin and their horrible adventures in the Congo tell me this.

1 hour ago, pleslie99 said:

Well there's hope for us all! I'd like to thank my guessometer who worked overtime and went above and beyond to help me achieve this feat! There's only one way to go now...............

Congratulations @pleslie99Are you the first league and cup double winner?  The quiz thread is getting to the stage where we need a statto.  Polling @HibeeJibee

3 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I've actually made another f**k-up with the world record play-off question, but I'll not tell you about it until gkneil has submitted his answer for the American record for the 100km. 

In the meantime, it's time for the cup. Here's a reminder of the draw - now with added accuracy!

• Eednud vs Help_ma
  • Deej vs Alang1993
  • Audaces Fortuna Juvet vs Frankie S
  • MSU vs Leeds Saint

And here it is... normal format... 2 halves .. PM your score before Monday lunchtime. If you're not in the cup, feel free to post your scores but nae spoilers. 

http://www.quizwise.com/general-knowledge-quiz/2017-05-18 (ignore the spelling mistake in Q1 - nowt to do with me!)

http://www.quizwise.com/general-knowledge-quiz/2017-05-19

Tried to send you my scores, it says you can't receive messages(I'm assuming that means your inbox is full?)

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Your mistake was talking to the Dutch, they are fluent in English and have no sense of humour or adventure. Find a Belgian one, they'll be confused, think a bit, and say why not? My studies of Tintin and their horrible adventures in the Congo tell me this.

Aye, but then we'll be split into top 8 and bottom 6, playing each other twice, and then discarding the lowest points before the top 8 play the bottom 6  and then everybody is in the knockout stages for promotion, before the team starting with a capital "J" is declared champions.

Edited by Jacksgranda

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

Aye, but then we'll be split into top 8 and bottom 6, playing each other twice, and then discarding the lowest points before the top 8 play the bottom 6 and the middle 4 twiddle their thumbs and then everybody is in the knockout stages for promotion, and the team starting with a capital "J" is declared champions.

Make it happen. The Cardinal will have a stroke and think he's a Presbyterian.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Make it happen. The Cardinal will have a stroke and think he's a Presbyterian.

If I can't even tell whether 10 or 11 is a higher number, there's hee-haw chance of any splits or other jiggery-pokery :)

3 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

If I can't even tell whether 10 or 11 is a higher number, there's hee-haw chance of any splits or other jiggery-pokery :)

You're on safe ground.  These are cardinal numbers.  Relative numbers such as tenth, eleventh, twelfth etc are ordinal.